Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is autopilot expected to change speeds based on detected speed limits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BlueCruise in our Mach-E automatically changes the set cruising speed based on the detected speed limit, but I've yet to see autopilot do the same. It will quite happily set itself at 121kph in a 110kph zone (set for 10% over), and then continue this into a 100kph zone, and an 80kph zone... even though it has recognized the change in speed limit. Am I expecting too much, and this is just not a thing it does?

Reactions: jiehan
I tried this again this morning, on my normal route, where the speed goes from 110 to 100. (Kph…). It’s driving on the 110 portion in autopilot (or enhanced? It’s the mode where it’s a single blue line in the middle of the road) at 115. Speed limit drops to 100, posted sign, car does not recognize and still displays 110 on my dash, keeps driving 115. A while later, at another posted 100 sign, it seems the car does recognize it, dash displays 100, but the car keeps doing 115. I gave it a good 45s, no change in speed. Maybe I should report a bug? 22 MSP (fsd).
Are you manually adjusting the speed with the wheel during the drive?

Upvote 0