Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is autopilot now a "forced" option for all MY orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I mean is, can you order a Y without autopilot? I'm not referring to Full Self Driving (FSD). Just plain old every day autopilot.

Back when I placed an order for a Model 3 in 2016 autopilot was an option. If you didn't pay extra for it you just got what amounts to cruise control (as best I recall, adaptive cruise control, but it's been a while). But when I ordered a Model Y very early on, autopilot option was included, with no way to UNinclude it.

Just checking the order page now and autopilot is still a core feature. So just to confirm, has anyone whose taken delivery tried to unbundle autopilot and thus reduce the price of the car.

Thank you for any informed replies.

My family hauling SUV has Lane Follow Assist and Adaptive Cruise, and I wouldn’t want any future family cars without these features. It makes long drives so much less tiring and makes stop and go traffic so much less stressful too.
I’m glad the Tesla comes with their AP package standard, but I didn’t pay for the FSD promise and the couple of extra features it gives for now.

Reactions: CoastalCruiser
Autopilot is the reason I bought my M3. If it weren't for that, I could have saved lots of money by getting a dumb electric car.

My family hauling SUV has Lane Follow Assist and Adaptive Cruise, and I wouldn’t want any future family cars without these features.

Ha ha. I got my question answered so feel free to turn this into a in-defense-of-autopilot thread. I knew it would happen. :>

Using Model 3 data for comparison
I just took delivery of LR RWD 2 weeks ago without autopilot when the price for it was $44,500. Now the price for the LR RWD is $45,900 and includes AP. I am currently on the AP trial and the upgrade price is $3000 on my account.
from New Pricing on LR RWD, now includes Autopilot... can I get Autopilot for the same price?
Now the RWD SR+ is $37,999 (LR comes with premium interior and AWD at $46,990) so if excluding AP were an option it would not be worth much.

Reactions: CoastalCruiser