Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday's edition of the Wall Street Journal said that automatic braking systems may be dangerous because they may apply brakes when there is no evidence of danger. In other cases, automatic brakes don't stop when there is danger. My SO agrees. She never uses Autopilot because of numerous "phantom braking" incidents. I think the opposite is true. Yes, autopilot makes errors but the computer and human catches each others' errors thereby making the driving team safer overall. However, I do recognize that there are some idiots who drive while asleep. There are numerous YouTube videos of these people. What do you think? Does Autopilot make it safer or less safe?

The following is a video of a Tesla Model 3 driving around in city traffic on Autopilot. This is not on the highway. The news is narrated while the car is driving. A critique of Autopilot is playing simultaneously in text in the captions. There is also no music so you could clearly hear the lack of (or effectiveness of) soundproofing and all the other sounds that the car makes. Enjoy!

Yesterday's edition of the Wall Street Journal said that automatic braking systems may be dangerous because they may apply brakes when there is no evidence of danger.

No, that isn't what the article said.

The following is a video of a Tesla Model 3 driving around in city traffic on Autopilot. ... Enjoy!

I'll pass on the enjoyment. AP is not designed for city driving.

Your video? Good luck with your budding career as a YouTube star.

Reactions: derotam