Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Autopilot standard on 2018/19?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a used Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor, 2018 or 2019, and cannot find a direct answer to this question. I understand that autopilot comes standard on all new Tesla vehicles going forward, but did autopilot come standard on the 2018/2019 Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor? Or will I have to hunt for one with Autopilot optioned?

Thank you in advance!

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a used Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor, 2018 or 2019, and cannot find a direct answer to this question. I understand that autopilot comes standard on all new Tesla vehicles going forward, but did autopilot come standard on the 2018/2019 Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor? Or will I have to hunt for one with Autopilot optioned?

Thank you in advance!
Nope not standard. The user would have to have purchased the option. Sometime in 2019 basic ap became standard.

Reactions: BeeGood
This change was made approximately April of 2019, so you will find 2019s with it standard and 2019s without it (ones delivered prior to the change which was mid april of 2019 if I remember correctly).

There will be no 2018s that came with "autopilot" standard. In fact. 2018s can have no autopilot features (if the original owner did not buy anything additional), autopilot (if the car was sold / traded back into tesla and they added that software feature), enhanced autopilot (if the original owner bought enhanced autopilot and is selling the vehicle) or full self driving (if the owner bought FSD and the car never was traded back into tesla).

TL ; DR "some" 2019s may have autopilot standard some wont. no 2018s will have it standard, and 2018s may have any of 3 different options, as above.