Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Battery 1070394-00-A is V2 even if car made Aug 2015?!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am tired reading the 662 horse power rating of V2 and higher V3 Refresh as I need a straight answer to what this battery # means please?!

Is Battery 1070394-00-A is V2 even if car made Aug 2015?!!

That's the number on my battery?!
And you make it sound impossible to have this Battery pack on Aug 2015 car being a V2?!

Is it because they replaced it while PDI or because they wanted to impress people with Demo floor loaner car?!

Car read 266 miles range on max battery upon 100%

Thank you so much

actually its number 1071394-00-a one way you could find out is byuseing the power tools app for iPhone to check the power output of your car by fully charing it and then flooring it with max battery power on

Thanks for quick reply!
So you're saying that battery number means nothing?! And a V1 could make higher than a V2 and what determine this?!

What's the app called ?!

Is Battery 1071394-00-A V2 even if car made Aug 2015?!!

That's the number on my battery?!
I just fixed the number compared to the title which was a TYPO (I am sorry)
And you make it sound impossible to have this Battery pack on Aug 2015 car being a V2?!

Is it because they replaced it while PDI or because they wanted to impress people with Demo floor loaner car?!

Car read 266 miles range on max battery upon 100% charge

no idea when v2 started, but again a great way to know is test it out... great way to answer your question!

Beyond that its hard to say as we don't know what Tesla is doing or has done behind the scenes ...

#27363 minutes ago
img_8396-jpg.196343
So an update on my V1 P90D 8/15 apparently and weirdly with V2 1071394-00-A battery pack!!!!!!!!!!

I need an answer please :)

I went to Tesla dealership today and my OA/SA confirmed that my battery is the one hat came on this vehicle which doesn't jive with any of your educated guesses!!
My Battery is 1073194-00-A supposedly V2 and supposedly 60 moreno ponies and my car was manufactured 8/2015 !!!!!

Guys and gurus please advise !!!

Last edited:
If you are interested in seeing what output your car has then download Powertools from the Apple App store. log in to your car through the app and do some power testing at a high SoC (above 90% charge) using Ludicrous AND Max battery. You SHOULD see an peak output of somewhere between 490-500kW.

I would also HIGHLY suggest steering clear of the 662HP thread. There is more misinformation in that thread than useful knowledge.

Reactions: davidc18 and soooma
View attachment 196652

I am and here you are ;)

Yay!
489kw at Max Battery and a little less than 90% charge!! And i believe that's gonna be my max on this Vehicle which corroborates what people have been saying!!

Sorry gurus
I doubted you for sec :(

Yup
1073194-00-A is a V2 battery!
Does this mean that my 0-60 might be 2.7 :)
And probably 11.1 QM

Yay!

Thank you guys

You can squeeze out a few extra kW if your SoC is above 95%. I have the same battery and my peak kW was 495kw with a sustained level of 490kW.

Reactions: davidc18 and soooma
Dude, you are waaaay too hung up on this. "V1 V2 V3" was made up on this forum to try to describe cars with performance differences. It's NOT a thing!

If you are referring to the generations of batteries (-A, -B etc.) then it is most definitely a "thing". Tesla has been incrementally improving all aspects of the car (including the battery pack) over time, which is fine... unless you find yourself with older hardware on a newer car. For example, the first generation A-pack battery is limited to 90 kW Supercharging speed. Not a huge deal (to most) but Tesla had already moved on to B-packs in late 2012/early 2013. My early 2013 came with an A-pack while cars delivered before me were receiving B's, but I was pretty close to the time of the incremental improvement. A 2015 car with an A-pack sounds very suspect.

V1 V2 V3 (which were made up in the P90D HP threads) is not the same as the original -A, -B pack. Totally different subject.

Seems like something similar happened, however. Some of the original A packs were installed in cars after the B packs showed up, IIRC. (As @mknox noted happened to his build)

Seems like some of the more powerful P90D batteries were installed earlier than predicted. Tesla doesn't always have a definitive cut off point for making changes. Sometimes a new part gets installed before they finish using up all the old parts, so there are some cars built around the same dates with different parts.