TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is civility dead?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Jdcleary, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

When my wife and I get into our Model X, the driver side door opens for me and my wife is left with opening her door. It just doesn’t feel right to me.

Our model X has the option of either automatically opening the driver’s door when the driver approaches or not automatic opening but opening when the fob is clicked twice. That is a nice option! It would be even nicer if three clicks would open the passenger door.

Am I the only one who would like this option or has it been mentioned before?

• Like x 5
  2. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

If I were your wife I would be insulted that you would rather just push a button than open the door for her yourself. :D

• Funny x 4
  3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Pass it along to Tesla directly if you want to improve the chances of it getting considered (and implemented).

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I was skeptical about the auto-opening 'valet' mode of the driver's door, but I've come to love that feature.

I wish that Tesla could make one of the keys tied to another profile and if this secondary key approaches the passenger side, to auto-open that door just like the driver's 'valet' mode. Alternatively, Tesla could sell an accessory fob that can be used to identify a passenger. Keep this on my wife at all times, and I don't have to worry about being chivalrous. :cool: