Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is console's mirror black finish a magnet for scratches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla-Model-3-Interior-768x399.png

Is the "mirror black" console finish a magnet for scratches? It looks beautiful, but wondering if durability of this surface is proven (MS or MX)?
Looks like it could be high maintenance surface with fingerprints, coffee spills, and scratches.

My Leaf has a similar glossy black finish on some of the interior. I've never had anything like that before and I was a little worried.

It does show fingerprints and smudges really well, but I try to keep my car very clean. So far, no major scratches or anything, but I'm sure Tesla's version will be even better. The downside is they used that surface near heavy wear areas.

Might be a good candidate for some carbon fiber style wrap.

I've never heard of using the clear protective film for interior surfaces, but sounds like it should help. Did you do this on your MS?

i have an older model so i do not have the center console, but I have had loaner cars with the center console and most were scratched up, even a new one with only 300 miles on it showed scratches already(probably from someone wiping it down with a dirty rag)

i do have clear bra on the exterior of the car but it works the same for the interior. I know a lot of model x owners like to get the back of their seats clear bra'd since it is a glossy black finish

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSqB