TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is converting youtube to mp3 illegal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ha bui2, May 13, 2016.

1. ha bui2

ha bui2 New Member

This is a very common question for music lover these days

I already done lots of search on https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl but now i want to ask you guys

The only forum about technology that i can trust

2. David99

David99 Active Member

Different countries have different laws. In the US there is a 'fair use' exception to copyright. This was always the case, but then the 'digital millennium act' came and made the process of converting a protected media illegal, not the intended use. So while something was considered 'fair use' you were still braking the law by making that copy. Fortunately lawmakers saw the problem and fixed years later. I'm not at all familiar with the laws in the EU and UK, but I would assume what you intend to do with the mp3 makes a big difference.

3. ha bui2

ha bui2 New Member

Based on the privacy i read on this soundcloud downloader, downloading youtube or soundcloud music is illegal in some case, mostly not