Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Customer Service Really This Bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been horrible for me. I ordered a Model 3, EDD was November. I was fine with waiting. Received a cryptic email that there were cars available via inventory that had a range 10 miles less than the one I ordered. Learned from a Tesla Facebook group the difference in the cars, as nothing was explained in the email. Decided to order an inventory car, as the email promised an earlier EDD date. Got a VIN number that night which I knew (also from the group, nothing was ever explained to me by Tesla) meant I would get the car within about a week. Purchased insurance, signed agreements, paid deposit and had appt to pick my car up the following week. That was pushed back twice due to a firmware update, which is understandable. I received email and text communication about this.

Fast forward a few days, I saw questions in same FB group about the dealership I was picking my car up from being underwater. I called virtual and was told they didn't know what was going on and would check with my SA - my SA is at a separate dealership NOT under water. Neither the virtual rep nor my SA have called me back. I drove by the dealership and it was boarded up. My VIN disappeared and EDD changed to November in the app. I've called twice since, as well as emailed my SA twice and cannot get a call back. I can only assume my car was flood damaged but I have received ZERO notifications about this. My appt was yesterday to get my car and noone even let me know it was cancelled.

I now have two Model 3s on order which say they will be delivered in November - which we all know could mean January - I have paid a deposit and purchased insurance on a car that literally disappeared, sold my car and cannot get a simple courtesy call with an update.

If you're ok with waiting months with no communication as to what to expect, then go for it. I on the other hand will be visiting a dealership today to get my money back and purchase a different car.

Reactions: InternetDude