Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is CYBRTRK a value to fleets, police, military?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearly everything done here by government is on lowest bid basis. I can't see why they wouldn't buy them.

I'd like to see people design custom coachwork for the back too. Electric / Water companies use a ton of various Land Rover 'cab only' designs for their work vehicles with cherry pickers, storage boxes and even water pumps on the rear.

It all depends on what you use it for. Would the 300 mile cybertruck work well for the State Police or Sheriffs Departments in a rural area or semi rural area? Due to the battery pack I doubt you will be able to hard mount something to the floor of the bed due to no access to the underside of the bed. I have Terminix for pest control. The guy comes out of Bowling Green KY which is an hour and a half from my house. They have several customers in my area. I just don't see the cheap versions of the electric pickups working very well when you put a couple of hundreds of miles a day on a vehicle.

GM has an electric version (hydrogen fuel cell) of the ISV. It’s based on the Colorado. There are a bunch of the diesel version on JBER. I think a CT would be way too heavy and impractical. Wouldn’t be supervised at all if Public safety (fire/LE) went to the f150 lightning given how many already do considerable business with ford.