Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is delivery even possible in this timeframe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the app has me set for a 3/25 home delivery. Today, 3/22, I received an email from UPS telling me I will have a delivery tomorrow afternoon (3/23) from “Tesla Registration Services,” which I assume contains the docs that need to be wet-signed before delivery can be completed.

The showroom is 125 miles away. I am assuming that they will not load my vehicle on a transporter until they have those wet-signed docs in-hand.

If I am right on that, how the heck can that 3/25 delivery date hold? I don’t get the docs until late Wednesday, so I likely won’t be able to send overnight until Thursday (3/24), which means the showroom won’t get the docs until Friday, 3/25.

Is it even in the realm of possibility that they are going to receive my docs in time on 3/25 to load a transporter and drive that thing down to me for same-day delivery?

I’m hoping I am wrong about the process, or otherwise missing something whereby 3/25 is still on the table. But I’m thinking I should probably brace myself for yet another slipped delivery date?

I haven't gone through the process yet myself, but my understanding is that you can sign everything you need to sign electronically through the app, and they just send you a copy of everything for your records.

Your location = Los Angeles.

OPs location = Louisiana.

We need to be VERY careful when giving advice because what works in one state does not necessarily work in another. I believe Louisiana is still one of the states tesla can not legally sell in, so what is applicable in Los Angeles definitely is not applicable there as far as "process and procedures".

OP I am not sure if they have to have a wet signature, and I would check with Tesla for an update, but in your case if I was you I would plan for a day or two slip. They will definitely want to get it in before the end of the quarter though, and perhaps they have a process in place for you to still hit your delivery date

Reactions: squirk
Your location = Los Angeles.

OPs location = Louisiana.

We need to be VERY careful when giving advice because what works in one state does not necessarily work in another. I believe Louisiana is still one of the states tesla can not legally sell in, so what is applicable in Los Angeles definitely is not applicable there as far as "process and procedures".

OP I am not sure if they have to have a wet signature, and I would check with Tesla for an update, but in your case if I was you I would plan for a day or two slip. They will definitely want to get it in before the end of the quarter though, and perhaps they have a process in place for you to still hit your delivery date
Thanks. The chat SA just told me that the showroom does indeed need to receive the docs with wet signatures before they will transport.

But Lord knows, the chat SAs have been wrong before, more than once. 🤞

You will be able to knock me over with a feather if they receive my wet docs on Friday and immediately load up my vehicle for a 2.5-hour drive on a Friday afternoon.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin