Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is driving dynamic of refreshed model X signficantly superior to model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a self-inflicted problem in my Model X (😔; awaiting a service appt next week) so I have been driving the Y again for the first time in a long time and wowwww ok the Model X is far superior. I think if I were to put the seat up as high as it can go in the Y, it might feel more comparable but even so the lack of a yoke is a major downgrade.

I cannot wait to get back in my X.

“Getting kids out of the vehicle in case of accident” remains my #1 concern with the Model X, but that’s the same for ANY vehicle and it all depends on the type of collision.

I think if not in water, I’d have the kids in the middle row climb out through the front and then tilt the middle row seats forward and help the kids in the back row seats climb out up through the front. Basically bypass the falcon wing doors.

Anyway, while life is incredibly risky to begin with, I think the Model X /any Tesla is the safest transportation option hands down (as an NHTSA-tested fact).

I think it would be a good idea for any parent to teach their kids what to do in event of an accident, and teach what to do in the event of at least a few basic variables
-parent not responsive
-location such as bridge, water, highway
-fire
-weather