Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is EAP's Auto Park Truly Functional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ArtK

Jun 1, 2020
NYS
My MY has EAP, and while perpendicular parking (which requires me to vacate the car for task completion) seems to operate, I have never been able to auto-parallel park.

I have pulled closely-adjacent to two cars parked on the side of the road with ample space between them many times, but never get the "P" on my screen and have never gotten it to work. Tesla customer service, chat, and my SC say it is likely not functional yet, but folks on YouTube seem to show it working just fine.

Any thoughts on this lovely Easter Sunday?

My MY has EAP, and while perpendicular parking (which requires me to vacate the car for task completion) seems to operate, I have never been able to auto-parallel park.

I have pulled closely-adjacent to two cars parked on the side of the road with ample space between them many times, but never get the "P" on my screen and have never gotten it to work. Tesla customer service, chat, and my SC say it is likely not functional yet, but folks on YouTube seem to show it working just fine.

Any thoughts on this lovely Easter Sunday?
It's functional, but it's not easy to get it to detect the cars. Before the FSD trial expired on my Model 3, I tried it a bunch of times and basically you have to go very slow (manual says below 15mph for parallel spaces) and close to the cars. Once you go past the parking space (to roughly the position you would be in if you were to parallel park yourself), it would show up the P. However, it's doesn't always show for every space. As long as you get the P, the parallel parking works quite well (at least for the spaces I tried, which have a decent amount of space).

I wish there was a way to put the car into a "park" mode where it forces the car to recognize spaces. Right now it's more of a guessing game.

Reactions: ArtK