Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is EVAnnex CCI best center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my first Tesla and I'm really excited (CPO 60 for $50k), and now looking into center console options for additional storage. I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'm kind of new around here so forgive me if I'm bringing up an old topic. If anyone can point me to older threads I'm happy to peruse those too, but generally it seems like the EVAnnex CCI is the best center console based on numerous reviews I've read, in terms of appropriate cost, quality, functionality, etc. Are there any other alternatives that are worth considering or should I just go with the CCI? (Seems like the consensus that Tesla's OEM version is overpriced and low quality.) Thanks!

You're not going to get consensus on this but I went with Evannex. The quality is very good, fits perfectly and has the storage I need plus the phone charger area. The biggest reason I like this over Tesla's is that you are able to match it to your interior wood and leather colors. Prices are about the same. You'll be happy with it.

Last edited:
I believe that there is a thread on this but can't find it at the moment. It might be under the sponsor area for interior items. I purchased the OEM Premium Center Console and will be having it installed next week. I think that there is supposed to be more storage room in this one which is important. I believe one important difference is that the TESLA PCC no longer comes in all colors. I have Piano Black and it does come in that color. To be continued.....

I'm very happy with the Tesla one. The black sides match my lower trim (beige leather otherwise). The storage area is very flexible. I don't mind the piano black cover over the phone area, as I always leave it open, so I can't see it. I also don't think it looks odd with my Obeche matte dash. I know a lot of people do have an issue with this though. I do think that the Tesla one has a cleaner look when completely closed, because everything is covered. The EVAnnex one always shows one cup holder which, for me, is a little unfinished looking.

I'm very happy with the Tesla one. The black sides match my lower trim (beige leather otherwise). The storage area is very flexible. I don't mind the piano black cover over the phone area, as I always leave it open, so I can't see it. I also don't think it looks odd with my Obeche matte dash. I know a lot of people do have an issue with this though. I do think that the Tesla one has a cleaner look when completely closed, because everything is covered. The EVAnnex one always shows one cup holder which, for me, is a little unfinished looking.

I have taken delivery of a P85+ this week with Tan Color seats and Obeche Wood Gloss... I ma trying to pick out MATS and A Console this week.

Looking at either:

1. Tesla OEM console with Black / Dark mats from either formytesla or Lloyds Luxe
2. Evannex Console in TAN with Obeche Wood, will then get light mats to match

Not sure if going so light is a good idea... see below

image.tiff

image.tiff

generally it seems like the EVAnnex CCI is the best center console based on numerous reviews I've read, in terms of appropriate cost, quality, functionality, etc.
I'm not sure which reviews you read, but I'd highly recommend see both in person. The CCI looks cheap, and has way less storage space. The Tesla version is very flexible and fit nicely with the interior.

The only advantage to the CCI is it can match you interior trim colors. The Tesla version is black which matches the lower trim in car nicely, but the door that pops open is piano black, and not obeche wood, etc. I never close the door, since the first thing I do when I get I the car is put my phone in the cradle, so it does not really matter to me.

CCI doesn't look cheap.

Sorry, I should have said: "it look cheap, in my opinion". Some people like it. That is why I suggested seeing them in person before deciding.

Personally, I don't like the cup holder or the sliding door/cover or the place for the phone. It does not look OEM at all and I would not put one in my car.

It also does not have nearly as much storage space as the Tesla version, which is the main reason many people buy a console.

The CCI doesn't look cheap, I haven't had anyone yet think it was anything but OEM.
Now, I have very very early production run version of the CCI (probably one of the first 20-25 made) and I have a few issues with it. The sliding closure slides too easily and really needs either some friction in the glide slots or a magnet to hold it closed as braking alone will allow it to slide open. The cup holder would sometimes come out with my cup. I eventually put some gaffers tape around the cup holder and the increased friction keeps it in. And my sides are not glued on as well as they should be, the whole piece feels a bit loose when I take it out. That said, I've had it since 2013 and find that it works great in day to day use. The ability to customize to match your interior should not be underestimated.

The best quality center console is the one sold by Tesla. I have it and it's absolutely first rate. The phone charging cradle is rather stupidly implemented, but other than that it's a great solution. The CCI EVAnnex product, from a design perspective, does not live up to the rest of the vehicle.

The best quality center console is the one sold by Tesla. I have it and it's absolutely first rate. The phone charging cradle is rather stupidly implemented, but other than that it's a great solution. The CCI EVAnnex product, from a design perspective, does not live up to the rest of the vehicle.

Yeah AR BUT you had to leverage "high level" pull to get one that matched your interior. Everyone else gets black leather/piano black.

I have the CCI from EVAnnex. I think the build quality is just fine, in fact I like it alot, and it's removable. It fits securely in place, and the finish matches the interior CF in my car. I've since routed both charging cables inthe holder, but it's angle is crap, so difficult to access. I just store my fasttrack pass there for when i need to pull it out. I don't have the cubby cover because i bought my CCI before it came out, but plan to check with EVAnnex and order it soon.

While i love the CCI, I would be willing to trade for a next gen version if:
- The storage was wider/deeper, perhaps angled slider door or folding hinges.
- Match the drawer pull to the Tesla surround color better

Added benefits:
- Fits an iPad mini quite nicely
- Plenty of "hidden" storage under the fixed cup holder
- A good shelf to put things on.
- Removable (I don't use them) rubber cup holder inserts for "tight" fit.

I can take some more pictures if needed. Also, I just installed my Abstract Ocean trunk cover lift kit.

IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg