Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is everyone affected by the power steering? Are there some happy people out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading about the power steeering and other complaints makes me wonder and have second thoughts about MX. Can we share some good stories with MX..?

Share the time you have owned your MX and how many times at SC or good customer satisfaction. I know there had to be balance and a I am sure there is good percentage of happy people out there what's is ratio? 4/5 happy and 1 unhappy?

I don't think issues with "power steering" is a big enough topic to have in your title...

As for some positive stories, I'm having my car uncorked later this week!

0-60 in 4.9 vs 6 seconds when I bought my car. Only thing I really missed from changing my 100D order to a 75D

Brought my X to the SC last Friday to have a few minor things checked out and while they are normally only open M-F, 8am-6pm, I found out they added a night shift and there were able to get the service completed by that night. They let me pick up the car when they finished, around 9pm. Service was great!

Reactions: SmartElectric
Have my MX since last April, been to service center once (for a day) to correct some minor alignment of trims. Best purchase I ever made in my life.

If you read this forum on a daily basis, you will be scared to death. I was in your shoes. I almost gave up on ordering MX after reading so many negative stories on this forum.

The only mistake I made was the color. I ordered black (I never owned a black car before) and keeping it clean was about to become a full time job. Then I got it wrapped in Avery’s Red diamond: a happy ending!

If anyone still isn't aware, the Steering Assist failure problem was a by-product of 17.42 (like the SAS alerts), and I had it a few hours after installing the firmware Saturday morning. I restarted the car (powered down, waited four minutes, started it), and it was cleared. It's been fine ever since. After checking with the Diagnostics team, Fremont said it was the software trying to find parts that aren't there. (Literally) Perhaps a chunk of code not meant for AP2.5 cars was left behind? 17.42 has been pulled and looks like new 17.42.1 coming today may be the fix.

As usual, TMC sounds like a disaster, but as Bonnie says, her (older) X is fine, and that's usually the case. Problems get brought up here but there are thousands of happy users that aren't on here (or never heard of TMC).

However, for those that are, I would advise people to be aware of how to totally restart their car and have a mobile app ready to start it back up in case the brake pedal doesn't work. That's what I had to do, and that is a lot better option that waiting hours for Roadside to get back to you or waiting for a flatbed that you actually do not need (in this case).

It looked like Roadside was so busy between the usual weekend issues and from 17.42 that it took them six hours to get back to me; I wasn't stuck on the side of the road, however, and they did know that.

Reading about the power steeering and other complaints makes me wonder and have second thoughts about MX. Can we share some good stories with MX..?

Share the time you have owned your MX and how many times at SC or good customer satisfaction. I know there had to be balance and a I am sure there is good percentage of happy people out there what's is ratio? 4/5 happy and 1 unhappy?
Ha ha. Another short. First poster with imaginary issue. Gee what an original strategy

I've had no issues with the power steering, and didn't realize others have been.
A lot of AP2.5 cars have had either the steering or SAS issues. But a lot is still a small amount of the AP2.5 cars that have been produced and still a smaller amount of, say, the 140,000 domestic production (pulling a number I happen to remember out of my hat). :D

We expect to have firmware for both issues today or in a day or so. Tesla told me 'in under a week' Saturday night when I talked to them.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnSnowNW

Best purchase ever. Never looked back. 32,000 miles in 16 months. 12 trips longer than 1500 miles, 73 Supercharger stops, dozens of discussions with happy Tesla MX Shipmates, exchanging Tesla Life Hacks. Thousands of miles of expressway autopilot. Love the six seat arrangement. Patiently waiting for Tesla Solar Roof to make it to VA.

One SC visit for passenger window alignment. Meh.

Best purchase ever. Never looked back. 32,000 miles in 16 months. 12 trips longer than 1500 miles, 73 Supercharger stops, dozens of discussions with happy Tesla MX Shipmates, exchanging Tesla Life Hacks. Thousands of miles of expressway autopilot. Love the six seat arrangement. Patiently waiting for Tesla Solar Roof to make it to VA.

One SC visit for passenger window alignment. Meh.

Oh, and I was stampeded into entering the MX in a community classic car show near my parents’ house in Michigan and spent the afternoon answering questions for scores of people including a parade of retired auto company engineers who shook their heads and said they have seen the future...

And thanks to the angel wings I was pressed into service to deliver the bride and bridal party to a wedding.....