Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is everyone's glass this speckled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll admit it's been a long time since I've owned a new car, but I don't recall new windshield glass in prior vehicles looking like this. It's only apparent when driving into the sun, the rest of the time the windshield looks fine. But in strong direct light the entire thing looks like they forgot to melt all the sand when they created this glass! It's tough to capture in a photo; I'm blocking the sun with my fingertips so it doesn't wash out the image. The windshield is freshly cleaned, all this "speckle" is embedded in the glass (save for a couple bug specks I missed!) It's been like this since day one. I tried a good buffing with cerium oxide, that made no difference.

View attachment 671914
What did tesla service end up doing ? I have the same issue with new MY and they're trying to say it's from me ceramic coating the body of the car, althought it was present prior.

My card had some paint imperfections at delivery. The Tesla certified body shop sprayed clear coat on the windshield. Could barely see out of it into the sun. They did fix it… not with a new windshield though.