Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Ford bumping up Cybertruck reservation holders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Let’s see the order invite
1666420639218.png

I vote coincidence. I have a Lightning order in - not the EARLIEST, but early enough on o maybe get a 2023 - got the same questionnaire, but no bump or other notification from other than this:

1666903740618.png

What's funny is they put a link in the email on how to cancel my order. Under normal times, a company would make it damned near impossible to cancel an order!

Good data point. Mind sharing what model you indicated interest in? I ask because when I went to place my order for my Lariat, the PRO and XLT were marked sold out so if you indicated one of those that might be why you didn't get an invite.

Also an interesting observation on the ease of cancelling. Makes sense, really. Ford can afford to lose your $100 reservation deposit. Early indicators of customer loss of interest on a new, extremely expensive venture would be worth MUCH more.

Good data point. Mind sharing what model you indicated interest in? I ask because when I went to place my order for my Lariat, the PRO and XLT were marked sold out so if you indicated one of those that might be why you didn't get an invite.

Also an interesting observation on the ease of cancelling. Makes sense, really. Ford can afford to lose your $100 reservation deposit. Early indicators of customer loss of interest on a new, extremely expensive venture would be worth MUCH more.
TBH I don't remember, I believe it was the XLT although looking at the feature comparison now vs then things have changed significantly to blur the lines between Lariat and XLT. And yes, they certainly can afford to lost my $100 deposit, but they're gaining more as the truck has got to be more unprofitable than $100 if I were to take delivery.

I don't think Ford is targeting Cyber reservation holders. I have a lightning and was never asked about my cyber truck status. I am still interested in the CT, mostly if it achieves 500 mile range and maintains that polarizing quirky look. In the meantime, I'll drive an electrified f150 which is really a great truck.
Same here. If CT is anything close to what they say on paper I will be trading up and I doubt I will lose much money on the Lightening. If Ford hasn't reopened reservations, I might even turn a profit. I fell asleep the night they opened reservations on the CT and didn't get my reservation in until the morning so I doubt I will be picking up a CT in 2023. (..and if you apply the standard Elon factor, noone will. ;-)

Reactions: Zer0t
Same here. If CT is anything close to what they say on paper I will be trading up and I doubt I will lose much money on the Lightening. If Ford hasn't reopened reservations, I might even turn a profit. I fell asleep the night they opened reservations on the CT and didn't get my reservation in until the morning so I doubt I will be picking up a CT in 2023. (..and if you apply the standard Elon factor, noone will. ;-)

Looks like you'll be enjoying your Lightning in 2023, 2024, and 2025.

Reactions: Hank42
Hummm.... sounds like a good tactic!
I agree, I like to think that Ford cares enough and is collectively smart enough to do something brilliant like this. After all, there are a whole lot of folks with orders for all 3 (Rivian, Lightning, CT) but only need 1 truck and plan to accept the 1st that comes in, then cancel or flip the other reservations.

Reactions: Hank42
I don't think Ford is targeting Cyber reservation holders. I have a lightning and was never asked about my cyber truck status. I am still interested in the CT, mostly if it achieves 500 mile range and maintains that polarizing quirky look. In the meantime, I'll drive an electrified f150 which is really a great truck.
I would hope for Fords sake that the marketing team has done this recently, it would be smart. I pickup my Lightning on the 26th of december. Can't wait. Simple truck and that's all we need, I'd like the greater range of the CT and the stainless steel skin but very happy to have my first EV.

Reactions: Zer0t