Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is FSD Beta going out to cars with 2023.2.0.5 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I subscribed to FSD yesterday and requested Beta.
I have until today to cancel, so my question is as above.
Maybe I should wait until Beta goes to 2023.2.0.5 (or wherever we are by then) to subscribe...
Thoughts?

2022 Model 3 LR EAP

No. There is no indication it'll be coming any time soon. For myself, I'd get the refund and wait until the beta version is past the version you are on.
I just came off a one month subscription trial. I enjoyed it. Wife did not. In fact she forbid me to use with kiddos in car (oh she of lil faith).

When I did sign up I immediately was granted beta access. It ended this AM so back to basic autopilot.

I‘ll be sure to try again in maybe 4-6 months.

FWIW, I sorta expected to get 2023.2.10 or perhaps .05 immediately but at least for today I’m staying on 44.30.10, without the features, of course!

Good luck with your decision…I think it was as described in the city…an uncertain and shaky 15 year old at times…but still cool to see the car drive itself, safely, from A -> B

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
I cancelled FSD after a one month trial about 10 days ago. I am surprised that I have not received any software updates since then. Perhaps my car is now on the FSD update list?

FSD beta was fun, sometimes impressive but routinely made major mistakes on the five miles each way to work. in Some areas performance was great but several areas were consistent problems. Failures were mostly related to not identifying correctly through or turn lanes at intersections.

I will try again in a few months. I believe the problems can be solved and find the highway portion very useful now.

Reactions: PVia
I also had one month of subscription and when requested beta access, I got the FSD beta version of the software within a few hours. Since it expired, I was updated with a regular (non-beta version) of the software, I am going on a long road trip soon, so I wanted to get another month, however it seems if I request beta now again I will NOT get it until further notice? Can someone confirm this and save me $200? (source: Update Vehicle Firmware to Improve Certain FSD Beta Driving Operations | Tesla Support)

"Until the software version containing the fix is available, we have paused the rollout of FSD Beta to all who have opted-in but have not yet received a software version containing FSD Beta."

I also had one month of subscription and when requested beta access, I got the FSD beta version of the software within a few hours. Since it expired, I was updated with a regular (non-beta version) of the software, I am going on a long road trip soon, so I wanted to get another month, however it seems if I request beta now again I will NOT get it until further notice? Can someone confirm this and save me $200? (source: Update Vehicle Firmware to Improve Certain FSD Beta Driving Operations | Tesla Support)

"Until the software version containing the fix is available, we have paused the rollout of FSD Beta to all who have opted-in but have not yet received a software version containing FSD Beta."
Correct. You won't likely get Beta access.

• Informative
Reactions: galimpic