Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is FSD Beta under employee test in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Per @DunkenKBliths on twitter.

He noticed an interesting street scene in the recent AI presentation by Ashok Elluswamy at CVPR 2022 which was uploaded to YT in the past few days (from about 9.40 in the video)

20220825_174640.jpg

Left side driving, Clark Rubber, Stobie poles and the buses quickly identified this as Adelaide.

And the exact spot IDd soon after Google Maps

If you have data sharing enabled in the settings, anonymised camera data can be shared back to Tesla for "fleet learning". So it doesn't necessarily imply that FSD beta is running on any Australian vehicles. Maybe in shadow mode, but that's pure speculation.

Per @DunkenKBliths on twitter.

He noticed an interesting street scene in the recent AI presentation by Ashok Elluswamy at CVPR 2022 which was uploaded to YT in the past few days (from about 9.40 in the video)

View attachment 844854
Left side driving, Clark Rubber, Stobie poles and the buses quickly identified this as Adelaide.

And the exact spot IDd soon after Google Maps
Well spotted with the stobie poles. As far as I know exclusive to SA and the item a significant number of motorists die smashing into

Australia could be an ideal test ground for the roll out for RHD FSD given it's one of the few English speaking countries with MUTCD based road signage outside of North America. I also read somewhere that they were advertising beta to employees, and there are FSD engineer/s in Australia over from the US.

Last edited:
Assuming it's even for FSD Beta and Tesla hasn't noticed they've moved to NZ, it's a good sign that progress is happening towards bringing it into RHD markets. I think NZ & Aus would be easier for FSD beta to cope with, but maybe they're not looking for easy.

Assuming it's even for FSD Beta and Tesla hasn't noticed they've moved to NZ, it's a good sign that progress is happening towards bringing it into RHD markets. I think NZ & Aus would be easier for FSD beta to cope with, but maybe they're not looking for easy.
Definitely good they're looking outside USA and to RHD markets.
Not sure if they're looking for easy or hard, more likely looking for where they'll sell more FSD