Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is FSD refundable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much longer until our 2018 X (MCU2/AP2) will get the promised HW3 upgrade?

How much longer until our 2017 S (MCU1/AP2) will get the needed hardware upgrades to run the latest FSD software?

3 months... 6 months... 1 year...
I think you know the answer - "3 months maybe, 6 months for sure". :p The answer will be the same when you ask it any time in the future too. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: P100D_Me
So far they have prioritized mcu2 and model 3.

Not the case. I was chatting with Tesla support and they confirmed to me that my Model S (MCU1/AP2) will get the HW3 upgrade BEFORE my wife's Model 3 (MCU2/AP2.5) car. He said the Model S would be in the first wave, and the Model 3 would be in the second wave. He also said it would be some time this year... so take that for whatever it's worth...

Not the case. I was chatting with Tesla support and they confirmed to me that my Model S (MCU1/AP2) will get the HW3 upgrade BEFORE my wife's Model 3 (MCU2/AP2.5) car. He said the Model S would be in the first wave, and the Model 3 would be in the second wave. He also said it would be some time this year... so take that for whatever it's worth...
You do know that Tesla support might well be the worst possible source of information for future Tesla plans, yes?

Well, maybe second worst after their CEO.

There have been plenty of model 3s that have gotten the upgrade. Teslaraj the youtuber got his. Zero mcu1 cars have gotten it

Tesla Raj does not have FSD computer. He has had autopilot problems and has a scheduled date to get into the service center of 2/20/20, and the anticipation is the FSD computer upgrade will occur at that time.

The Model 3's you see with the videos are stock HW3. Upgrades seem to only be confirmed on S/X at this time, and there may be an anecdotal Model 3 out there, but I have yet to see one.

Tesla Raj does not have FSD computer. He has had autopilot problems and has a scheduled date to get into the service center of 2/20/20, and the anticipation is the FSD computer upgrade will occur at that time.

The Model 3's you see with the videos are stock HW3. Upgrades seem to only be confirmed on S/X at this time, and there may be an anecdotal Model 3 out there, but I have yet to see one.

They checked his Vin and saw he was eligible. You are wrong

So does he have it or not? We've all made appointments only to have them cancelled or you show up for the other work and they tell you it's not yet ready. Stop getting your panties all wound up, friend.

EDIT: Since I've asked 3 times without an answer, spoiler alert: He does NOT have it.

Several 2017 and early 2018 Model 3 owners have gotten the upgrade. It is reported to take several days sometimes on an early Model 3.
Here is just one of many examples with a service receipt for proof:
HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Reactions: viper2ko and ucmndd
So does he have it or not? We've all made appointments only to have them cancelled or you show up for the other work and they tell you it's not yet ready. Stop getting your panties all wound up, friend.

EDIT: Since I've asked 3 times without an answer, spoiler alert: He does NOT have it.
All you need to do is spend 5 minutes in the Model 3 forum on this very site to verify you’re wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: viper2ko

I bought and paid for FSD in October 2016 so I was one of the first to purchase it. I keep asking and I keep getting denied saying that there is no update yet available for my car.

So just to clarify. No one with HW2.0 MCU1 has had their vehicle called in for the FSD upgrade yet? Cant keep up with all this information over 3000+ threads. It's very time consuming and sometimes life just gets in the way of TMC trolling.

So you are wrong as confirmed by many in this thread