Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is getting a Model S really that hard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You've been a member here for 7 years I'm surprised you're surprised.

I'm a relative newboy but have done a lot of back reading and I already know that their communication is dreadful. Remember the wording on the "unlimited supercharging for life" when the referral scheme first came out that turned out to be "life of your ownership of the car", or the "for any car you buy in the future" which turned out to be "while the scheme is running"?
I’m not surprised with teslas tricky use of words. I’m just saying the advertisement clearly said “all inventory” no exclusions, no asterisks.
It should be an easy battle, unless tesla decides to stand by what then would be false advertising.

But I think Hank is correct in that ravens come with that option code and are listed that way without change, and once you buy the car you get free supercharging. Even though the website says pay per use. Of course I’d get that in writing because ...tesla

Just to let you know, the sales guy I was working with at Tesla Raleigh two weeks ago told me he couldn't add the free supercharging code to any post-Raven refresh car, so I'm pretty sure that's the line. Incredibly misleading given Tesla's very plainly worded and clear tweet, but hey.

It's not possible to trust Tesla.

To answer the op's question: YES, it IS that hard to buy a MS.

I reserved my new inventory Pearl White 100D MS the 1st week of June and then the fun started. One hurdle after another. Time after time it seemed very likely I would not be able buy it before the June 30 deadline only to find a loophole to put the deal back on. This happened about 5 times. The deal was 99% a fail with only hours left to take delivery when one fine gentleman from the delivery center stepped up and made the deal happen well past closing time on the 30th June.

I ended up with the car late Sunday night and I am so thankful this very sharp gentleman was able to save the deal.

So hard to buy one but so worth it!

On June 3, 2019 I purchased a 2019 Model S 100D with Auto steer, FSD, and Pearl White Paint for $85,400. It came with unlimited SC too. I was very happy with the easy process until it came to paying for the car.

I had received excellent 4.7% financing from TEC CU but Tesla none-the-less attempted to draw the full amount directly from my checking account. This froze all my accounts as I did not happen to have $85,000 in the account. This happened when I made the ACH downpayment transfer through my bank. They then reversed the draw and at the same time refunded some of my down payment, of which I was not aware.

Tesla then delivered the car to my house, titled and all, having been shorted $3500.

They called the next day asking that I wire transfer the balance - sort of serious like I had somehow pulled a fast one...

I live the car it was worth it but Tesla's communications is not the best

On June 3, 2019 I purchased a 2019 Model S 100D with Auto steer, FSD, and Pearl White Paint for $85,400. It came with unlimited SC too. I was very happy with the easy process until it came to paying for the car.

I had received excellent 4.7% financing from TEC CU but Tesla none-the-less attempted to draw the full amount directly from my checking account. This froze all my accounts as I did not happen to have $85,000 in the account. This happened when I made the ACH downpayment transfer through my bank. They then reversed the draw and at the same time refunded some of my down payment, of which I was not aware.

Tesla then delivered the car to my house, titled and all, having been shorted $3500.

They called the next day asking that I wire transfer the balance - sort of serious like I had somehow pulled a fast one...

I live the car it was worth it but Tesla's communications is not the best
Looks like you're in Austin, should look into refinancing with GEFCU. They have 72 month as low as 2.85%. Vehicle Loans | GEFCU

That's not how it works. Tesla isn't going to dynamically toggle or change the option codes on every listed car to reflect these off-book specials. Since I'm not Tesla nor represent Tesla I can't guarantee that every inventory car bought until June 30th will include FUSC, but it sure seems like that's what their tweet clearly promises and a buyer could and should rightfully demand. Ravens surely existed 27 days ago, and their tweet doesn't have any conditions placed upon it.
tesla is shady in so many ways its not funny.

Reactions: EV-CPO
I took delivery of a Raven last Saturday. Ordering including pictures of trade in took about 40min. Got a good offer for my trade in the next day. About a week later I got a text with a delivery appointment the next week. Then I got an update to last Sat. They gave me the car with no financial docs being signed! This is the second time for me, so I assume normal. Sun morning I got a pdf which I signed for financials. System worked well for me.