Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is GM's Supercruise dead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like autonomous driving will remain in GM's focus. GM knows its market will be greatly impacted by it and electric vehicles. It's just that it still does now know how to respond to that. It might not even have an acceptable solution. The same goes for all other traditional car companies. They are not even starting to do something like GM has just did.

They might bring it to the Escalade. Since the CT-6 is the low volume flagship sedan, the Escalade also kinda fits the bill by being the flagship SUV.
I’m assuming they want to make it a premium feature and not a feature in just “any” Cadillac or GM product.
Plus the reviews from sites like consumerreports have been stellar... so I think they probably would want to milk the money given that they’ve gone through the lengthy process of mapping and software integration already.

So GM is axing the Cadillac CT6 which is currently the only model with Supercruise.
Here are all the cars GM is axing as part of its restructuring

So is GM's Supercruise dead?

It is possible that GM will add Supercruise to one of their other models but I can't help but think that GM may just cancel Supercruise completely and focus on full self-driving.

According to @Bladerskb GM will launch Supercruise 2.0 in 2H of 2019, based on MobilEye EyeQ4 chipset but AFAIK no official info about this is public as yet.

• Informative
Reactions: diplomat33
According to @Bladerskb GM will launch Supercruise 2.0 in 2H of 2019, based on MobilEye EyeQ4 chipset but AFAIK no official info about this is public as yet.

Based on new analysis I did last week they might be going their own route and not using EyeQ4. So hey might use their own internal chip/vision software. Their new 2020 Escalade has two cameras which appear to be stereo (although they are too close together.) Will have to get confirmation from mobileye.