Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is hope in sight for our USS-less cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He hasn’t said that until the leaks of new radar units from patents.

If he truly believed HD radar was valuable the whole time then Tesla wouldn’t have made such a big deal about dropping radar and making everything vision only.
That's not true. In 2021 he said this, "A very high-resolution radar would be better than pure vision, but such a radar does not exist. I mean vision with high-res radar would be better than pure vision."

Reactions: WyoDude
Roll out for non-FSD is beginning....
I got a message that 23.6.9 is downloaded and I am installing it now. I do not have FSD
2369.jpg

I dont have FSD as well (yet) and have a USS-less car, but got a push notification for 2023.6.8, wonder why I got one version lower.
6.8 had a huge push the last few days. According to Teslafi there were over 1000 installs each day. 6.9 has only a handful of installs from Teslafi users. It will probably take some time before they do a massive push. Also possible they need people to go 6.8 before 6.9. On TeslaFi all 6.9 installs have come from 6.8 so far. No one has come from 2.12 or older. Where as with 6.8 people came from all sorts of older versions straight to 6.8.

Bottom line, get 6.8 installed ASAP as it might trigger 6.9 push right after. Especially for non-USS cars.

6.8 had a huge push the last few days. According to Teslafi there were over 1000 installs each day. 6.9 has only a handful of installs from Teslafi users. It will probably take some time before they do a massive push. Also possible they need people to go 6.8 before 6.9. On TeslaFi all 6.9 installs have come from 6.8 so far. No one has come from 2.12 or older. Where as with 6.8 people came from all sorts of older versions straight to 6.8.

Bottom line, get 6.8 installed ASAP as it might trigger 6.9 push right after. Especially for non-USS cars.
You were right, just got an app notification for 6.9 to install, installing now, cant wait to play...how does anyone want to drive ICE cars anymore when you can have software updates on your car...lol

Reactions: KerryOH
How does one do that when their car has 2.12 and is saying the software is "up to date?"

371523-F0-CFCF-49-FA-AD8-E-E60-A35-D78-EED.jpg

Your on the "Standard" release setting, change it to "Advanced" and that should do it, but you might have to wait 24 hrs to request another update check unless you get lucky and get a push too, but for that the mothership would have to know your on Advanced now.