Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Insure My Tesla gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is, isn't it? Existing links land on Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

Are Liberty Mutual rates still good?

What insurance is everyone getting now? There is a ton of threads but none seem current and they are fragmented.

I had a good quote from Liberty in April on three cars including the upcoming Model 3. The deadline for accepting the quote came and went as the Model 3 was delayed until July. Not sure if I will still get these rates.

It is, isn't it? Existing links land on Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

What insurance is everyone getting now? There is a ton of threads but none seem current and they are fragmented.

I had a good quote from Liberty in April on three cars including the upcoming Model 3. The deadline for accepting the quote came and went as the Model 3 was delayed until July. Not sure if I will still get these rates.
Maybe this is a result of this question?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Reactions: MP3Mike
I found that Liberty Mutual was expensive also. I had a Model S insured with State Farm. Once we purchased our Model 3, I got quotes from State Farm, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, and Geico. Progressive was hands down cheaper ($650 every 6 mo to ensure both Teslas with full coverage). State Farm and Liberty were closer to $1700 every 6 mo (to insure both cars). This is in Colorado and maxed out liability coverage (to qualify for umbrella policy). Also includes discount for having homeowners insurance.

• Informative
Reactions: ponzu
I found that Liberty Mutual was expensive also. I had a Model S insured with State Farm. Once we purchased our Model 3, I got quotes from State Farm, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, and Geico. Progressive was hands down cheaper ($650 every 6 mo to ensure both Teslas with full coverage). State Farm and Liberty were closer to $1700 every 6 mo (to insure both cars). This is in Colorado and maxed out liability coverage (to qualify for umbrella policy). Also includes discount for having homeowners insurance.
Progressive is not bad, thank you, but if the April quote from Liberty holds, they will be better than Progressive by $124/year. Progressive is better than my current 21st Century by $240/year. In all, these are all within margin of error. No one is wildly high or low.

21st Century quote will get considerably better if I decide to get rid of my 2007 Passat Wagon. For some reason, they don't know how to discount a 2 driver-3 car situation.

I have State Farm. I tried Liberty Mutual years ago before I owned a Tesla. They were a better quote initially, but after 6 months my rates went up more than I thought they should and I had zero accidents, tickets, etc that would affect it. I went to State Farm after that and my rates have been steady.

Reactions: Red5StandingBy
I'm paying $1351 per year through Travelers in NJ for 100/300/100 coverage, $1500 deductible. This is with a minor 0 point traffic violation on my record.

Liberty Mutual was the most expensive at $2000. Amerprise wanted $1800 for the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get pulled by Tesla although I would have thought someone would have been checking on them off an on. When ever I hear their commercials on tv I cringe.--They have someone complaining that their new car got totalled and their non-LM insurance company wouldn't pay for a new car. Well they can't drive a half of car! But with LM you can get new car replacement. -- The driver in the commercial never says whether their policy had that included. I always felt that the other company probably offered it too but of course you have to add that to your policy just like glass replacement etc. You will never get New Car Replacement for free. If LM automatically adds that to all their policies, when people get quotes are you comparing apples to apples?

Last time I checked, the New Car Replacement with Traveler's was the highest duration so I've gone with them for Model S:
New Car Replacement | Travelers Insurance
If you total your new car in the first five years, Premier New Car Replacement® coverage pays to replace it with a brand new car of the same make and model.

I think the fine print said it caps at $125k, which isn't enough for loaded S but should be plenty for any flavor of 3.

It may not be gone, but it (Fiberty Screwtual) wasn't at all competitive. I've cycled through Geico, Costco/Ameriprise, Wawanesa and Progressive for Tesla coverage. I like Progressive's gap insurance and CSL. But soon I won't care about gap insurance and it's time to shop around again anyway. The process is rather like spinning a Mystery Wheel. No idea where I'll end up next.

Same experience here. Finally got tired of it and went elsewhere. Rates went down by $80 month instantly. No rate hikes like LM since.
If they try anything with me, I can fall back on Progressive. If I sell the third car, I can go back to 21st. It was only the third car that made things awkward with them. Two drivers two cars they could handle, even with Model 3, nothing egregious.

Click on it and find out :)
upload_2018-8-1_10-52-1.png

Something dirty, I bet.