Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is is still possible to speak to Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla customer service was never going to win any awards, it used to be possible to actually speak to a human being.

I had some teething issues with my Model 3 back in early 2021 and it was never an issue to call - but recently I had an issue with a broken windscreen while far from home and now I'm in the process of sorting out the delivery of my new Model Y and it's impossible to actually speak to anyone.

They only have one phone number for everything and no-one ever answers. They have a call-back option but no-one ever calls back.

It's getting to the stage where the only way to speak to anyone is to actually go to a dealership and ask for help

Reactions: cdub and skiwhmts
It is bad at present. I made four phone calls on different days last week and each time opted for the call back option. None of these calls have been returned. My final attempt, I called and held the line for 48 minutes before it was answered by a person. It's not good enough and whilst 48 minutes isn't the end of the world I'd rather be doing other things than waiting around.
It isn't good enough, come on Tesla do something about this appalling service.

Ha. They will call you when they want your money.

The last calls I got from Tesla were from Malvern and Ipswich - working from home?
Yes that's right, I never got emailed back once I paid my invoices.
I had some teething issues with my Model 3 back in early 2021 and it was never an issue to call - but recently I had an issue with a broken windscreen while far from home and now I'm in the process of sorting out the delivery of my new Model Y and it's impossible to actually speak to anyone.
Good luck with this one, I never received any delivery details by text despite them claiming to have sent them, only found out my date by phoning up to find the details out. The problem is nobody is responsible in the whole company, if something goes wrong nobody is ever held to account, no way to provide real feedback and the CEO hiring top lawyers to fight against who?.... the customers it seems!

Reactions: joeinNFLA
Make me think what would happen if I was in a real emergency and needed help - like if I had a blowout on the motorway or my car broke down.
Very slim likelihood of help following a blowout ... if available at all, likely to be slow. Tesla do not even attempt to offer a 24hr service AFAIK. Best to have breakdown cover. (It need not be expensive.)

End user facing companies have callcenters, reading from a script and with a few branches to read back to you as a customer depending on what you say. It's well established that it isn't cost effective to have your employees with real product knowledge manning the phones, many companies have generic call centers that don't know the products of the multitude of companies that they answer for.

If after you introduce yourself with your full name, they still respond with "may I have your first and last name please" you know it's scripted and that it doesn't change no matter what you say. If they do answer something product related, the are reading from more or less the same webpage that you have access to, which is why you should never call a generic callcenter.

I am glad Tesla changed from callcenter to the app for service, it seems to save time for both them and us.

Don't they still have answering service for Roadside assistance though? The did a year ago when I had to call for an emergency and they had a real person who was able to set up a tow.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 11.01.25.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 11.01.25.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Informative
Reactions: Casss
I've had to call Tesla CS several times over the last 5 months and have spoken to someone everytime (at least 8-10 calls). When choosing options, I selected the option of 'if your car is already in one of our service centres', might be worth a shot?