Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it a Spaceship?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It must be really subtle. I lowered the window to listen for it and still couldn't tell it was making a noise.
It's possible they've changed it since September when we connected a speaker to test it out and then disconnected shortly thereafter.

I heard it on Model X and Model S in September as well. I'll keep my ears open on the next road trip to see if I can still hear the forward sound. Elon did say the sounds would eventually be customizable. When/if that happens, ours might start making noise again. ;)

It must be really subtle. I lowered the window to listen for it and still couldn't tell it was making a noise.

It is, it sounds like white noise. It's hard to hear inside the car - but it is there. First time I backed up in a parking lot, a guy pointed to my car and said to his wife;"Not only does it look like a space ship, it sounds like one!". He laughed, I laughed, the car laughed.

It's possible they've changed it since September when we connected a speaker to test it out and then disconnected shortly thereafter.

I heard it on Model X and Model S in September as well. I'll keep my ears open on the next road trip to see if I can still hear the forward sound. Elon did say the sounds would eventually be customizable. When/if that happens, ours might start making noise again. ;)

Yes, it is still there in my Y (took delivery last week). It is much subtler than the reverse noise and is just white noise as has been described on here. I only notice it because I roll the windows down and listen for oncoming traffic when I pull out of my garage into the alley.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker