Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is it better to get a tesla model x 2017 p100d or 2018 75d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you going to take long trips? That's everything. Go to something like "a better route planner" and compare two trips, one with the 100, one with the 75. The difference in charge times will astonish you. If you don't care, or really don't plan to make long trips with it, it's all about features, miles, and build date (if one was built on December 31st and the other on January 1st, then they're really only 2 days different).

Are you going to take long trips? That's everything. Go to something like "a better route planner" and compare two trips, one with the 100, one with the 75. The difference in charge times will astonish you. If you don't care, or really don't plan to make long trips with it, it's all about features, miles, and build date (if one was built on December 31st and the other on January 1st, then they're really only 2 days different).
not sure i do like the performance but i like the seats on the 2018

Seats are important if you feel uncomfortable BUT the name of the game is driver anxiety. I can't imagine driving a 75D in Winter when mileage falls to 50%, (although others may differ).

I like the P100D extra battery life, as that limits my "driver charge anxiety" because I usually have enough to make it safely to the next Supercharging station.

That being said, I did not buy a Model S because I hate the B-Pillar position that makes in uncomfortable to get in and out of the car for me. I had a loaner and I developed right hip pain that went away after I gave it back. I waited and then bought an X specifically because the Model S was uncomfortable for me when getting in and out.

That means comfort in the seat might be a real issue for you. Maybe you should test drive one for a weekend?

This is all IMHO, and others will absolutely disagree.

If you don't need the car right away, wait a year and by an '18. Make sure you get the updated MCU and APU.

Check the deals at Tesla.com, because they seem to have some good ones.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Seats are important if you feel uncomfortable BUT the name of the game is driver anxiety. I can't imagine driving a 75D in Winter when mileage falls to 50%, (although others may differ).

I like the P100D extra battery life, as that limits my "driver charge anxiety" because I usually have enough to make it safely to the next Supercharging station.

That being said, I did not buy a Model S because I hate the B-Pillar position that makes in uncomfortable to get in and out of the car for me. I had a loaner and I developed right hip pain that went away after I gave it back. I waited and then bought an X specifically because the Model S was uncomfortable for me when getting in and out.

That means comfort in the seat might be a real issue for you. Maybe you should test drive one for a weekend?

This is all IMHO, and others will absolutely disagree.

If you don't need the car right away, wait a year and by an '18. Make sure you get the updated MCU and APU.

Check the deals at Tesla.com, because they seem to have some good ones.
is the p100d 2018 and 2017 the same performance wise?

Make sure you know which versions of AP and MCU hardware is in each car and understand the differences in features if the hardware differs.

if they are different between the two cars it might be a decision data point for you.

Reactions: VikH
P100D and get the MCU2 upgrade. Much better to have the 100D battery and the performance is incredible.

Rather than pay for the MCU update it might be smarter to simply buy full self-driving, if the car doesn't already have it. Tesla people are openly saying that all the hardware is going to be updated starting in the next few months. So, probably within six months at least, you get the new MCU for nothing _ and you have the full self-driving software.

Rather than pay for the MCU update it might be smarter to simply buy full self-driving, if the car doesn't already have it. Tesla people are openly saying that all the hardware is going to be updated starting in the next few months. So, probably within six months at least, you get the new MCU for nothing _ and you have the full self-driving software.

FSD cars will get the HW3 upgrade complimentary. MCU is different and will not be upgraded for free. It's outlined in the website. MCU1 cars will gets the HW3 and not require MCU2.

Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

Tesla sales people are notoriously uninformed and incorrectly informed, but they are saying that you will get the new MCU when you get the hardware 3 upgrade. Not sure who's correct here. someone, I think verygreen, says that the new MCU will be required for the hardware 3. Maybe they are correct too.