Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it Conceivable to Go Back to ICE After Driving a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Size is a downside of Tesla. Can be tough to park. I went from a long quad pickup to an E class to a vw wagon, now a smart, and each time going to the grocery store got better.

S is big. Too big for me (and too low). Model 3 will solve this.

I'm hoping and expecting that the X will bring 360/birdseye back up cameras and those will trickle back to the Model S in due course. It won't make the cars any smaller, but it should make understand the shape and position of the car easier.
Walter

I'm hoping and expecting that the X will bring 360/birdseye back up cameras and those will trickle back to the Model S in due course. It won't make the cars any smaller, but it should make understand the shape and position of the car easier.
Walter

As autonomy increases people, maneueverability will be less of an issue and that'll just mean _bigger_ vehicles.

Size is a downside of Tesla. Can be tough to park..
Really? I've found it the easiest vehicle to park that I've ever driven, with the possible exception of the DS-21 (and that's only in the parallel parking mode). Between the backup camera and the tilting side mirrors, parking is a dream. (I don't pull-in park.)

I'm actually Canadian. Don't know why it says Australia...but do tell....
Ah. That explains why seeing it upside down caused such confusion. You see in Australia everything is upside down, being on the bottom on the world, so it would have looked normal to an Aussie...sigh. Once the joke has to be explained it obviously doesn't work. Back to lurking.

Very used to not going to gas stations. I love it. Yet I do have a Jeep Grand Cherokee for going skiing and hauling big stuff. Also towing my other Jeep CJ5. Funny how driving the Tesla has kind of overridden the Jeep stuff. We will see how that goes. But I love the MS experience.

I could never go back, but I hope the S never gets bigger, it would be close to undriveable in Europe if it did. It's already right at the upper practical limit for my wife and me. But we couldn't wait for the 3 due to tax reasons.

Can't go back. My prior car, which is now my wife's car, is a Lexus IS 350. Loved it when I drove it. Now I absolutely hate driving it. Have to take it in for service next week which means one less day driving my MS and a...ugh...potential visit to a gas station if she's low on fuel.

I so do not miss gas stations at all and hate the few times I've been to one since owning my MS for the last 13 months. It's kind of like changing your diet to get completely off junk food, being successful for a couple of years, and then trying a McDonald's hamburger on a whim. I get almost physically ill just from the smell of a gas station now.

Really? I've found it the easiest vehicle to park that I've ever driven, with the possible exception of the DS-21 (and that's only in the parallel parking mode). Between the backup camera and the tilting side mirrors, parking is a dream. (I don't pull-in park.)
Completely agree with the consensus here. Had to use a rental ice the other day and it was not pleasant. Oil change light was on, engine surges and hesitations, sitting at a traffic light wasting gas, ...

WRT parking, the leaf beats the Tesla (have both, plus a volt). Leaf has 360 degree cameras, foot markers on the backup curved lines, a stitched together view from god. Great to be able to see to parking lines and curbs. Able to see how much walk around space is in front of the car when backing into our garage. Would be nicer on a bigger screen.