Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me? Free Cali charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got the free supercharging during the California wildfires. But it looks like I never got switched back to being charged (yet at least). My account still says 'Free Unlimited Supercharging' and I haven't been charged for a supercharge since October last year. Is it just me or did they not switch it back yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte
So I got the free supercharging during the California wildfires. But it looks like I never got switched back to being charged (yet at least). My account still says 'Free Unlimited Supercharging' and I haven't been charged for a supercharge since October last year. Is it just me or did they not switch it back yet?
It’s an integrity test. Will you pass?

• Funny
Reactions: TNTWYNN M3
Sounds like one of those times when "Elon time" works to your advantage!

I thought when Tesla gives free SC for disasters it's done by area (ie all superchargers in X radius have billing turned off)... not BY CAR.

By car wouldn't make much sense since how would they know if someone who lives in another state was in the disaster area at the time, or vice versa?

Sounds to me your account specifically has free supercharging for one reason or another. Referral maybe?
As others have said they disable billing on superchargers during those times, not specific cars.
No for this case they did it by car and not supercharger, as per this noticed received on affected cars in the area. Never had a referral.

Attachments

• 4D67969E-DDDF-4113-8335-2E6BC44A2637.jpeg
    4D67969E-DDDF-4113-8335-2E6BC44A2637.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: silentsnow31802