Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or does everyone want to race a tesla..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car a couple days ago and LOVE it. Tesla rocks. On my way home from the delivery at Diana Florida I had a supercharged Bentley come up beside me and egg me on. Then the next day an SL63 challenged me. This is strange to me. People come out of the wood work and want to challenge my tes.

Is it just me or does this happen allot?

I just go on like a lion in the jungle knowing I am the king and every one can jump around me but I know a little punch of the peddle and I smoke them. Nice to know. Lol

Picked up my car a couple days ago and LOVE it. Tesla rocks. On my way home from the delivery at Diana Florida I had a supercharged Bentley come up beside me and egg me on. Then the next day an SL63 challenged me. This is strange to me. People come out of the wood work and want to challenge my tes.

I just go on like a lion in the jungle knowing I am the king and every one can jump around me but I know a little punch of the peddle and I smoke them. Nice to know. Lol
It's not just you. It happens to me nearly every day. I usually assume they have heard Teslas are fast so just want to see it for themselves, so will oblige at least once from a stop, if "safe" to do so.

Enjoy your car!

Happens very frequently in Ohio. It's really nice for the other car to see the rear of the Tesla. I try to just so a burst of acceleration to show the torque of an electric engine. All in good fun.

Here in Colorado I've been challenged by a couple of older Detroit muscle cars, and I get thumbs up and waves from all sorts of folks, from kids in ragtag ricers to landscaping crews in their pickups. But owners of the Teutonic luxury brands studiously ignore my Sig red S.

Not driving a "60", it won't. :)
How often has your been out of the garage?

Really?? First off, it has happened to me in my "60" and I bet most people don't know the difference from a distance or can even read the little number on the hatch lid.

I hope I'm reading you wrong and this wasn't arrogance about the size of your "battery"

What's weird is that while I see it at least once a week, three times in the last month it's been some big SUV or pickup truck with a V8 that just doesn't stand a chance even in their wildest dreams. You know the type, those Escalade drivers that think the gas pedal has only two positions. I can only imagine their gasoline costs.

I got stopped first in line with a 2008? GTO.

We both had our windows rolled down. And the guy said "I want to race you, but I know I shouldn't." We didn't race. It was pretty cool. Two or three lights down we talked a little bit.

Doubt that it's specifically a FL thing. I live in Flagler Co., have had my P85 over a month and have not had a challenge yet. Or it could be that my area is semi-rural and I get mostly blank stares. I can't remember more than a couple of grins/waves.

Haha. It's definitely a south Florida thing. I can't remember the last time a supercharged Bentley or a SL63 AMG pulled up beside me at a light. Oh wait, that's never happened because almost no one drives them around here. :)