Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or does everyone want to race a tesla..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd hardly consider Infiniti to be much more "elite" but I do get your point :biggrin:. I just meant that the engineering in the GT-R is incredible and I often hear "it's just a Nissan" which irks me. Sort of like how the LF-A is "just a Lexus." :smile:

You are right and I did not mean to give that impression. A long time ago, a major consumer computer manufacturer named Commodore came out with a revolutionary new computer - the Amiga - that few took seriously because it came from an economy brand and not from Apple or IBM. Many conveniently forgot the fact that this Amiga ran circles around everyone else in the same price range.

I was driving back from soccer yesterday, cruising about 75. When I approach a Honda Prelude. Cherry bomb farting loudly.

After I passed, I hear them start coming up on me. I wait till they are even with about 5mph on me. Then I floor it ...

needless to say it was embarrassing.

I don't get the need to race something the size of a 7 series. But hey.

And I admit to trying to race Ferrari's and other such things in my Dodge Neon when I was in high school, hoping and hoping for a mechanical failure!

Here is a video of a GT-R racing an electric car.

Heh.

Seriously though, as far as gas cars go, the GT-R is really cool. The Model S is an incredible overall package, but dedicated sports cars (giving up a lot of utility and comfort) can still be a lot faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heh.

Seriously though, as far as gas cars go, the GT-R is really cool. The Model S is an incredible overall package, but dedicated sports cars (giving up a lot of utility and comfort) can still be a lot faster.

Going slightly off topic, here's an EV VW doing a phenomenal 9.5 second. Rear facing camera shows just how fast it takes off.

Black Current :-

Oh the Irony

There's 3 accident threads, including the infamous Tesla Fire, right above this thread before I post this, and people here are talking about racing -_-.

I do get tired of so many people thinking they have something to prove any time they get near a Model S. When the squirrels show up, I just slow down and let them get as far ahead of me as they want. I have nothing to prove to anybody and would prefer they take their chaos elsewhere. Only thing that truly bugs me is when they have to "cut me off" to try to prove something on their way by. With as hard as I try to keep distance and avoid all the debris kicked up from tires of cars ahead, that is truly irksome to me. When there is plenty of room, take the room, don't cut me off for no reason. To me, "having fun" in my Model S will not be defined by "going up against" anybody else.

Hopefully plenty of Tesla owners have your mindset.

Heh.

Good video - very few cars can beat Wayland's White Zombie and the GTR is not one of them!

I had a mustang try to race me on the way home from the dealership... And a Honda Pilot ride my ass and try to run me off the road..

One thing I've noticed is that on standard regen, the brake lights come on pretty easily... and I think people in the fast lane get upset with you because they think you're riding the brakes...

One thing I've noticed is that on standard regen, the brake lights come on pretty easily... and I think people in the fast lane get upset with you because they think you're riding the brakes...

I've not found this to be the case at all. You have to come off the pedal a fair bit before the brake lights come on.

Have you actually looked? If you're on a dark road at night, and turn on the rear view camera, you can easily see when they light up the ground. (Or you can use one of the pictures of the Model S on the touchscreen - the "T" logo screen works well).

If you're letting off the accelerator (or decelerating by any means) in the left lane you're "doing it wrong" anyway. Move to the right once you've reached your target speed and that lane is clear. It's a passing lane and should be used as such.

If you're letting off the accelerator (or decelerating by any means) in the left lane you're "doing it wrong" anyway. Move to the right once you've reached your target speed and that lane is clear. It's a passing lane and should be used as such.

90 percent of the drivers today appear to be oblivious to the fact that the left lane is for passing. Out here it's more often the case that all of the morons are trying to squeeze into the left lane, leaving the right lane open for passing:)

90 percent of the drivers today appear to be oblivious to the fact that the left lane is for passing. Out here it's more often the case that all of the morons are trying to squeeze into the left lane, leaving the right lane open for passing:)
I think that's pretty common everywhere (in the US). Practically every single person who gets on the highway thinks "I want to go fast, so I should get in the fast lane" and just sits there. Then you get to decide if you queue up behind them, adding to the idiocy, be somewhat risky and pass them on the right, or give up and pace them from the right lane in hopes they realize you're where they should be. So frustrating.

I think that's pretty common everywhere (in the US). Practically every single person who gets on the highway thinks "I want to go fast, so I should get in the fast lane" and just sits there. Then you get to decide if you queue up behind them, adding to the idiocy, be somewhat risky and pass them on the right, or give up and pace them from the right lane in hopes they realize you're where they should be. So frustrating.

Also, it's kinda' bothersome that some of the slowest moving cars in the left lane during carpool hours are EVs such as LEAFs that may be concerned about draining the battery too fast by doing higher speeds.