TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is it just me or is TACC a little smoother/trustworthy in .188?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by gordo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. gordo

gordo Member

Got upgraded from .153 to .188 yesterday and noticed that TACC seems a bit more well behaved in heavy traffic now. I haven't noticed whether it pays any attention to cars encroaching into my lane yet, but generally speaking it seems to be doing fewer questionable things now (like accelerating heavily into a car that's stopped a hundred feet down the road just to slam on the brakes at the last second.)

Anyone else notice it to be a little less white knuckle inducing under .188?

2. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

still waiting anxiously for my .188 update. What you say is very encouraging and I'm looking forward to trying

3. robert774

robert774 Member

I have .188 since this morning and have not noticed any difference in TACC performance. I agree that the hard stops and unnecessary breaking when the car in front of you moves out of your lane can become annoying. I keep mine sent at 4 lengths for tracking.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Downloading tonight!!!

5. PAT

PAT Member

I also felt some slight improvement but I do have a new issue that TACC turns off without notice while coming to a stop. I assume this is more like a hardware issue as I've seen the error message "both pedals pressed " just after acceleration