Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my case, it's been two weeks and still no communication from up the ladder. I could upload pictures of the sorry excuse for a 145k car. I prefer to allow them to take car of me and move on. Losing patience

Need some patience here.

Tesla service is great and they will eventually fix everything.

They just may be really busy with their stretch goals and getting as many new cars delivered as possible.

So when your told "the supervisors will contact you" how long is reasonable? More than two weeks?

You may have confused normal time with "Tesla Time" ;)

In Tesla Time, 2 weeks is but the batting of an eyelash of a sloth that is resting happily on it's tree comforted by the notion that in those two weeks, global warming has slowed and it's home is safe.

I picked mine up on Saturday, found 3 issues during inspection, and have found another 5 or so since then (the worst being a tendency to pull to the right at freeway speeds, and the driver seat can no longer be adjusted via the controls on the side or by switching profiles, even after a system restart).

You are not alone. I had the same issue with pulling to right. Picked up on Friday. Included in the list of issues sent to DS and he said they will take care of it.

From what I understand it's not a mechanical redesign but something to do with firmware in the latches that controls the mechanics.
Well if it is firmware then why not zap them in situ? Why tear into a customers car and take day(s) when it can be zapped via firmware? At least a pluggable EPROM or something would be better than swapping out latches and then have to realign the locks etc.

But I have no idea what I am talking about so I guess we just wait and see what evolves here. So far I have been lucky and any issues I have had I have been able to solve myself or the doors have self corrected.

In my case, it's been two weeks and still no communication from up the ladder. I could upload pictures of the sorry excuse for a 145k car. I prefer to allow them to take car of me and move on. Losing patience
Hard to stay positive given your circumstances. Mine should be back in my garage in 2 days, after 2.5 weeks in the shop. Hoping things are "normalized". I know I'll have to take it back for parts that are on order, but those are relatively minor.

Service, as always, is great.

Reactions: Coolcarx
I don’t know guys, I would give Tesla a pass when they first started up the line, but not after three or four years. After four years I would have multiple suppliers, a little competition always gets you a better quality part. Maybe the boy’s at Tesla never learned how to walk before they started to run, and that is a top down problem not a bottom up problem.

Stop with the tekkie sh-t and fix the problems before they get out the door. I would expect the kind of problem listed on this forum from YUGO and from Tesla.

The Model X is a complicated vehicle, but coming from a LEAF that had zero issues in 3 years and only visited the dealer for the annual battery checks, the Tesla experience has been a bit disappointing so far, especially given the cost of the vehicle (about 10 problems after 3 days, some quite serious, and no plan or date to fix them). And I really miss my overhead side and front cameras, which the humongous Model X desperately needs for parking. A heater on/off switch seems like it wouldn't be difficult to add. And I miss not having to think about my doors.

The Model X is a complicated vehicle, but coming from a LEAF that had zero issues in 3 years and only visited the dealer for the annual battery checks, .

I am not sure that is true as it relates to many of the issues posted here.
Doors that latch, horns that work, aligning of panels, weatherstripping, non-rusted parts, car pulling to the right, etc. are things that the industry figured out decades ago. Blaming failures due to "complexity" makes no sense.

Besides, as someone pointed out (and Tesla talked about before) an ICE car is far more complex - pistons, fluids, oil, gasoline combining with air and constantly exploding, tubes, radiators, coolants, belts, more moving parts, and so on and so on.

I am not sure that is true as it relates to many of the issues posted here.
Doors that latch, horns that work, aligning of panels, weatherstripping, non-rusted parts, car pulling to the right, etc. are things that the industry figured out decades ago. Blaming failures due to "complexity" makes no sense.

Besides, as someone pointed out (and Tesla talked about before) an ICE car is far more complex - pistons, fluids, oil, gasoline combining with air and constantly exploding, tubes, radiators, coolants, belts, more moving parts, and so on and so on.
Is it too late to pull Lee from retirement?
alee.jpg

Reactions: Drivin
Forgive my straying so far afield from the Model 3 threads, but I'd like an MX owner's thoughts about the model's relying so heavily on powered doors. Is there some very good reason why they could not have been made manual? Too heavy? Is it really necessary to have the doors open for you, rather than you opening (and closing) the doors? I know mechanisms can be made so finely balanced they require very little effort. Which, to my way of thinking, is kind of cool.
The one piece of hardware that failed on my E-Class wagon was the powered closer on the tailgate. It ran all night, until the battery died. So I'm curious.
Thanks,
Robin

...I'd like an MX owner's thoughts about the model's relying so heavily on powered doors. Is there some very good reason why they could not have been made manual? Too heavy? Is it really necessary to have the doors open for you, rather than you opening (and closing) the doors?...
IMHO, the front doors (driver/passenger) could have been manual. The falcon wing doors would be too bulky for manual operation. With electrically opening doors, the outside handles were no longer necessary. This provides a simple operation that is similar to Model S, except the door opens instead of the handle.

Since electrical opening falcon wing doors are so cool, perhaps the designers wanted similar enjoyment for driver and passenger doors. When they operate properly, it is magical. The door operation has greatly improved with software and hardware revisions.