Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me or..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up on Saturday, found 3 issues during inspection, and have found another 5 or so since then (the worst being a tendency to pull to the right at freeway speeds, and the driver seat can no longer be adjusted via the controls on the side or by switching profiles, even after a system restart).

I picked mine up on Saturday, found 3 issues during inspection, and have found another 5 or so since then (the worst being a tendency to pull to the right at freeway speeds, and the driver seat can no longer be adjusted via the controls on the side or by switching profiles, even after a system restart).
These are the first I have seen of these issues. Hopefully they will be corrected easily and quickly.

To the OP I think it's a combination of things. Quality has improved, they did slow down delivery for awhile and many of the posts you saw were the same people repeating issues across various threads.

Ask the SC to check for wheel alignment for swaying to right. I had the same issue as well.

Typical pattern for new products.
Early adopters hang out at forums like this.
As more and more people get the cars, a smaller percentage of the new owners would be users of this forum.

Also, as new people come in with a known issue, they don't necessarily need to post "oh, I got this issue too", and just realize that other people have it and time to talk to the SC which is the only way their problem gets solved.

Lastly, people don't want to post something negative since people will accuse them of being a short, hating Elon, pro climate destruction, hate puppies, etc.

Just got my X back.from SC, replaced the driver door latch, did not do passenger side due to not failed at time of inspection even it has failed multiple times already before the visit. SC told me to wait until passenger door fails one more time then they will replace the passenger latch. So I am driving the car as normal while waiting for the passenger latch to fail again.

There are many Xs in the SC from what I saw. The quality of the Xs definitely improved and many older X owners I think just got tired of talking about issues and back and forth with SC, might as well keep quiet and let all the problems get fixed. But let me tell you older Xs are still having problems, just different time frame and different stage of the problems and fixes. I do expect all the newer deliveries from May and on to have much better quality and should have less issues as time goes on.

• Funny
Reactions: Drivin
Just got my X back.from SC, replaced the driver door latch, did not do passenger side due to not failed at time of inspection even it has failed multiple times already before the visit. SC told me to wait until passenger door fails one more time then they will replace the passenger latch. So I am driving the car as normal while waiting for the passenger latch to fail again.

There are many Xs in the SC from what I saw. The quality of the Xs definitely improved and many older X owners I think just got tired of talking about issues and back and forth with SC, might as well keep quiet and let all the problems get fixed. But let me tell you older Xs are still having problems, just different time frame and different stage of the problems and fixes. I do expect all the newer deliveries from May and on to have much better quality and should have less issues as time goes on.

Did you see a solid black with a VIN in the 57xx range?

Congrats! Hope you finally get to enjoy the car instead of making trips to the SC. From what I understood from my SC, the firmware on the original latches for the front doors may have been buggy from the supplier and hence all kinds of issues. That's why they're replacing them with the newer latches when they fail couple of times.

The ghost that took possession of my driver door on Fri evening got busted by SC through reset of the latch and motor but they also ordered parts to replace to ensure problem doesn't occur again.

Congrats! Hope you finally get to enjoy the car instead of making trips to the SC. From what I understood from my SC, the firmware on the original latches for the front doors may have been buggy from the supplier and hence all kinds of issues. That's why they're replacing them with the newer latches when they fail couple of times.

The ghost that took possession of my driver door on Fri evening got busted by SC through reset of the latch and motor but they also ordered parts to replace to ensure problem doesn't occur again.

That is great that they are replacing the entire thing for you. I am not too excited because my passenger door is still equip with the older latch. Who knows when it's going to break again. I told the SC have a loaner for me anytime because I am definitely going back in to replace passenger latch. This is standard protocol where you have to show SC your door has failed multiple times before they will consider giving you a new latch. This move further proves that many many people are having the latch problems and SC is constantly running out or hard to get those new latches from Fremont factory. I love the X, just I am so anxious about the door, afraid it might break again when I am in a strange area. Hopefully everything is good. Finger crossed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Drivin
That is great that they are replacing the entire thing for you. I am not too excited because my passenger door is still equip with the older latch. Who knows when it's going to break again. I told the SC have a loaner for me anytime because I am definitely going back in to replace passenger latch. This is standard protocol where you have to show SC your door has failed multiple times before they will consider giving you a new latch. This move further proves that many many people are having the latch problems and SC is constantly running out or hard to get those new latches from Fremont factory. I love the X, just I am so anxious about the door, afraid it might break again when I am in a strange area. Hopefully everything is good. Finger crossed.

Do you have a VIN yet on the replacement? How is the process going, you should have yours by next month if they submitted it as a new order but IDK?

We've had our X for about three weeks now and so far really no issues. Yes there are quirks in the car and the doors (FWD and front) don't always work as I expect but nothing I would call a problem. After waiting many years for this car I'm spending my time driving the car and less time on the forums. :)
Drive the car? Not be on the forum? Help, I don't understand.......:eek:

I am still not totally convinced that the latches are a new design but more of a replacement of defectively made parts. Happily to be proved wrong, but IMHO if they were totally redesigned you would not be asked to bring your car back later just in case the other one failed. They would just swap them both at the same time and be done with it.

I am still not totally convinced that the latches are a new design but more of a replacement of defectively made parts. Happily to be proved wrong, but IMHO if they were totally redesigned you would not be asked to bring your car back later just in case the other one failed. They would just swap them both at the same time and be done with it.
From what I understand it's not a mechanical redesign but something to do with firmware in the latches that controls the mechanics.

In my case, it's been two weeks and still no communication from up the ladder. I could upload pictures of the sorry excuse for a 145k car. I prefer to allow them to take car of me and move on. Losing patience