Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been lurking around TMC since my 70D order was confirmed on April 29th. I think I've poked my head in almost every post on this site thus far. To make matters worse, I think you folks aren't churning out the posts fast enough for me :rolleyes:.

Anyway, as I near the very distant late June delivery date, I find myself on here more and more frequently. I'm talking at least a couple of hours PER day. Is this normal?? Maybe it's the over the top excitment of being part of something revolutionary. Either that or my OCD has gone into overdrive.

So I'm curious, how much time do you guys spend on here?

You and me both. I check in several times a day. 70D order confirmed on April 30. And it seems like based on the Model S Order Tracker spreadsheet that we should go into production ANY DAY now. I already sold my car and am riding my bike around town, and every single day I get a little more excited about that blue 70D arriving home. :)

My official story is that I'm only spending so much time here lately because I really really want to know how the Model X will turn out, and that once I get all those answers I won't need to spend as much time here. It might be a rationalization... :)

I'm trying to cut back, but it is so hard! I need more post also, more experience, more preparation, etc. I confirmed my 70D around May 5th I think so a little behind you - but sure hope they churn them out fast (but with higher quality)! ;-) I can easily burn an hour on here at times.

I'm by no means as senior as Brianman, but I've had my car 2 years now and still spend WAY too much time here. I'm always picking up good info though. So there is an upside to it. With cars as complex as these and with the over-the-air updates, it's good to have a place to go to find answers.

So I've been lurking around TMC since my 70D order was confirmed on April 29th. I think I've poked my head in almost every post on this site thus far. To make matters worse, I think you folks aren't churning out the posts fast enough for me :rolleyes:.

Anyway, as I near the very distant late June delivery date, I find myself on here more and more frequently. I'm talking at least a couple of hours PER day. Is this normal?? Maybe it's the over the top excitment of being part of something revolutionary. Either that or my OCD has gone into overdrive.

So I'm curious, how much time do you guys spend on here?

Hmm. 2,780 posts. Join date 7/12/2012. So, I make that about 2.67 posts per day. And I'm not planning to buy a Tesla until 2019, and that's assuming by some miracle Tesla manages to hit their price target and assuming I'm still earning enough to afford one.

Answer: too much time. (Well too much time according to my wife and other normal people.)

Its definitely OCD. I'm struck with it too. Its the home stretch for me (ordered an 85D last month, hopefully taking delivery this Thursday), and browsing this site has basically become my obsessive hobby as of late. I really need something else to do when I want to kill time.

Not just you. I'm here a few times a day - and I haven't done that on a forum in a long, long time.

I even spent time on here before registering and making my first post - when I was deciding if I wanted to pull the trigger on the 70D or not (it was the first MS that had everything I wanted AND was right at the top end of my price range) I read through the entire Tesla Moments thread from page 1 to 80whatever-it-was-at-the-time. By the end I knew I wanted to contribute to it someday.

Hopefully, next week, I'll have something to post there.

From 2006-2013 I was reading almost every post. After getting the S in March 2013, my reading and posting has leveled off considerably. It will happen to most of you after you take delivery and as new owners and prospective owners join. When Model 3 arrives there will be a flood!!

Welcome Miltonian,
I am your neighbour, living in Halton Hills (Georgetown)... I've had a Tesla for 5 years (This week is my EV anniversary), and I still seem to be spending an hour a day on this site! I'm still loving the experience. Just came from the "Golden Horseshoe EV Association" meeting tonight in Hamilton with a number of roadster and Model S owners.

David

I joined before I ordered as well. I wanted to get some first hand info. It hasn't slowed down, though. I've had mine for just over a year now and I still come here almost every day. I think people who are buying a Model S are definitely not average. Each and everyone here probably spent a good part of their life thinking about similar things that I did. They are, just like me, willing to spend a ton of money on a new technology that hopefully changes the world. I think there are a lot of very smart people, lots of 'thinkers', lots of good and interesting ideas and opinions.

I used to also spend a lot of time on YouTube looking up every video that had the Model S in it. I think I knew the car in and out before I picked it up. LOL