Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From 2006-2013 I was reading almost every post. After getting the S in March 2013, my reading and posting has leveled off considerably. It will happen to most of you after you take delivery and as new owners and prospective owners join. When Model 3 arrives there will be a flood!!

Been waiting for Tesla to take my money for a Model 3.. two years and counting now :(

If I said how much time I spend here, my employer would realize I'm getting paid to read TMC.

That certainly makes two of us!

To the OP, I'm just north of you in Georgetown and have had my tesla for a year. Still grinning.

So Halton region is representing. That's 2 that I know of so far. You ever frequent the Starbucks off of James Snow? I've seen a P85 there on a few occasions...

So I've been lurking around TMC since my 70D order was confirmed on April 29th. I think I've poked my head in almost every post on this site thus far. To make matters worse, I think you folks aren't churning out the posts fast enough for me :rolleyes:.

Anyway, as I near the very distant late June delivery date, I find myself on here more and more frequently. I'm talking at least a couple of hours PER day. Is this normal?? Maybe it's the over the top excitment of being part of something revolutionary. Either that or my OCD has gone into overdrive.

So I'm curious, how much time do you guys spend on here?

I've had my car for over two years (VIN 5539), and I still have symptoms similar to yours, not as acute, clearly chronic...

So based on what I'm hearing, 2+ hours a day isn't that much of stretch :p

You know, I don't remember ever being this excited about anything - not marriage, not my first house, not even the delivery of my R1 sportbike.

The Tesla experience is truly something special :love:

Do you have your charging station set up at home? That should be done BEFORE you take delivery, not afterwards like Cyclone! :)

In all fairness, this is because I am in an unusual situation most will not be in.
- This past weekend (two days after I got my car) we finished moving stuff to our new house. The new house is still undergoing some remodeling as well.
- The garage walls are filled floor to ceiling with boxes
- The existing panel is out of room and a subpanel will need to be installed
- The above boxes are hindering access to walls to run new wiring for the subpanel and a place to install the NEMA 14-50 outlet
- There is an employee-only J1772 200v 30a charger that I can use daily at work
- There is a Supercharger less than 10 minutes away from work in a grocery store parking lot
- I drive 40-50 miles a day, and thus even 120v 15a charging at home can provide a sufficient top-off overnight

Thus, a charging setup hasn't been a priority! :)

So I've been lurking around TMC since my 70D order was confirmed on April 29th. I think I've poked my head in almost every post on this site thus far. To make matters worse, I think you folks aren't churning out the posts fast enough for me :rolleyes:.

Anyway, as I near the very distant late June delivery date, I find myself on here more and more frequently. I'm talking at least a couple of hours PER day. Is this normal?? Maybe it's the over the top excitment of being part of something revolutionary. Either that or my OCD has gone into overdrive.

So I'm curious, how much time do you guys spend on here?

Ordered mine April 28th....and I am 10 minutes from Milton. Hopefully there are enough cars ordered in the GTA to ship early. My production date is May 25th....hoping my late June delivery date comes sooner than that. I have easily spent an hour an evening soaking up everything I can....crazy

Welcome Miltonian,
I am your neighbour, living in Halton Hills (Georgetown)... I've had a Tesla for 5 years (This week is my EV anniversary), and I still seem to be spending an hour a day on this site! I'm still loving the experience. Just came from the "Golden Horseshoe EV Association" meeting tonight in Hamilton with a number of roadster and Model S owners.

David

I was at the GHEVA meeting for a short time as well. David, haven't seen you at the Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club meetings lately.

Welcome Miltonian, I am a Miltonian now living in Oakville. I helped sell a P85D to another Miltonian that has a farm in Milton. They just picked it up so you may see it around town as well.

This forum is an addiction. Now I am even flying across the continent to TMC Connect for it. As an enthusiast, engineer, Model S owner, and shareholder, I love knowing everything there is to know about Tesla, its products, and what's next - exciting times.