Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it Love ... actually? :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery of mine this morning. At Chicago Service center.

Hassle free delivery; more paper to sign than my last house!

Andrew went over every detail but having read 10,450 posts here, seen the videos, it's a matter of "saddle" time.

Drove I-90 home and wow. It felt like a car, electric car, should feel. Smooth as silk. All the adjectives posted here ...

And, now, I too finally have the Tesla grin!

What does a Tesla grin feel like to me?

smile1.png

Couldn't think of a better photo than the scene from Love Actually!

And, thanks to everyone for swaying me during my moments of wanting to cancel. Phew!

Last edited:
Finally took delivery of mine this morning. At Chicago Service center.

Hassle free delivery; more paper to sign than my last house!

Andrew went over every detail but having read 10,450 posts here, seen the videos, it's a matter of "saddle" time.

Drove I-90 home and wow. It felt like a car, electric car, should feel. Smooth as silk. All the adjectives posted here ...

And, now, I too finally have the Tesla grin!

What does a Tesla grin feel like to me?

Couldn't think of a better photo than the scene from Love Actually!

And, thanks to everyone for swaying me during my moments of wanting to cancel. Phew!

You didn't happen to see a blue one with solid top and a sad face asking to go home did you? Congrats on yours!!

You didn't happen to see a blue one with solid top and a sad face asking to go home did you? Congrats on yours!!
Sorry, no I didn't. I was only there for 15-20 minutes. In the showroom there was a Roadster and where my car was another black one, and a Sig Red above mine in for service.
Out back was a different story. Just navigating my way around was difficult. There were tons back there.
And if you ask blue? I can barely tell the difference between blue and black!
I took no pictures as they're no where near as dramatic as home delivery ones.

But driving home a few minutes ago from lunch meeting with Tesla Owners Illinois group, I spotted in my rear view mirror someone taking a picture of my (car's) rear end. This is odd!