Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me, but are 2018-2020s are better builds than 2021/22s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 12.03.18 PM.png

does all new 3/Y come with this wheel with the seam? i've seen some that has no seam at all
Screenshot (324).png

We're at pretty close to an ideal time of year here for efficiency (not much heating or cooling needed), but I've been getting better efficiency with the 2022 than my 2018. My lifetime average with the 2018 was 257 Wh/mi over ~50k miles and on the 2022 I've averaged 230 Wh/mi (206 miles). I haven't gone through winter yet, but I was never below 235-240 on the 2018.

very little issues with my July 2019 build... still real leather steering wheel and all speakers + lumbar adjustment in pax seat but already FSD HW. Panel gaps are fine and the paint is ~the same as my previous BMW 320i or the 2015 F150. from the local north texas FB group you can tell it's still hit or miss and the same issues keep showing up... primarily panel gaps/ paint job inconsistencies and part failures very early on (less QC at suppliers to not reduce output?).

very little issues with my July 2019 build... still real leather steering wheel and all speakers + lumbar adjustment in pax seat but already FSD HW. Panel gaps are fine and the paint is ~the same as my previous BMW 320i or the 2015 F150. from the local north texas FB group you can tell it's still hit or miss and the same issues keep showing up... primarily panel gaps/ paint job inconsistencies and part failures very early on (less QC at suppliers to not reduce output?).
All speakers? Speakers changed over the years?

I went from a 2018 RWD LR to a 2022 Performance and the build quality, paint, interior is miles better in my opinion. Quieter, more solid, suspension is smoother even with 20s. So glad I went for a new one.

Not a chance, the 2022's out of Fremont are far better and more consistently well put together. Quieter, smoother suspension, you name it. My 2022 performance is near perfect, and the others on the lot I looked at when I took delivery on 9/3 also looked good. People forget the issues the older ones had, like the yellowing screen.

Reactions: CheapBastid
People forget the issues the older ones had, like the yellowing screen.
I dont remember any posts whatsoever on Model 3s with Yellowing screens. Can you perhaps point me to some threads or information on that? I am aware of model S / X (older than 2018-2020 discussed in this thread) having that issue.

Not a chance, the 2022's out of Fremont are far better and more consistently well put together. Quieter, smoother suspension, you name it. My 2022 performance is near perfect, and the others on the lot I looked at when I took delivery on 9/3 also looked good. People forget the issues the older ones had, like the yellowing screen.
you might be thinking of the S/X for yellowing screen