Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me or does the model 3 has tighter tuning ratio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving sporty cars all my life and never had a rear wheel touch the curb when making sharp turns. Now with the model 3 it had happened twice already, lucky didn't do any damage, only the tire rubbed against the curb. It kinda feels like the car is much longer than my other cars, 335xi and 3000gt VR4.

Got to get used to make wider turns.

It's 113 which is the same as the mercedes E series and between the sizes of the BMW 4 series and 5 series. I have curb rash to prove it o_O

I think it was my first week of ownership. Easiest right hand turn ever (90 o) - cars in the opposite lane so I figure i'll do a "short" turn and not take it wide trajectory.... ERRRRR... I hit the curb with the rear right wheel....

I feel your pain.

Yeah, I wish I’d read this thread a few days ago. The turning characteristics are very different than other cars I’m used to. Sadly, some curb rash in my learning curve. Wide turns are now my standard.

I have been driving sporty cars all my life and never had a rear wheel touch the curb when making sharp turns. Now with the model 3 it had happened twice already, lucky didn't do any damage, only the tire rubbed against the curb. It kinda feels like the car is much longer than my other cars, 335xi and 3000gt VR4.

Got to get used to make wider turns.

The 5 link suspension in the Model 3 allowed the engineers to set the rear wheels up for passive steering when you really rail into a turn. Essentially, your car has 4 wheel steering that only gets stronger as you get more body roll.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciditad