Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me, or is the Model Y really ugly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
It just seems to me that all the proportions are wrong. The Model 3 from the front isn't all that good either, but the Y takes up a level in fugliness IMHO.

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 17.57.40.png

Its you

Thats not the best angle and with a front numberplate it will break up the bumper

But all cars are susceptible to colour and wheel choice. This combo looks great to meView attachment 537145

I agree, it's just a weird angle. Wasn't a big fan when it was first revealed by I think they've made some changes since the reveal and it looks great. I personally think the Model Y is the most beautiful vehicle they have right now.

Tesla-Model-Y-front-three-quarters.jpg

I agree, it's just a weird angle. Wasn't a big fan when it was first revealed by I think they've made some changes since the reveal and it looks great. I personally think the Model Y is the most beautiful vehicle they have right now.

View attachment 537155
Each to their own but IMHO they is absolutely no way the Y is better looking than an S.

I'm not a big fan of the frontal view of the 3 despite owning one.

At some point I'll probably get an aftermarket front body kit to make it look a little less happy.

The Y is not too bad from the side, but head on looks ugly. But, it's a crossover and most crossovers are ugly. Don't think an after market kit will fix it.

Don't know if I'll ever get the Y. I think it depends on FSD sensor improvements, and air suspension. Neither of those have been confirmed yet for the Model Y. But, maybe in a couple years they'll come out.

Those marketing boffins are always going to flatter the cars styling in the pictures - I’m sure half the shots these days are CGI renders!! I think you can only know for sure when you see it in the flesh.

The biggest turn off for me is the massive bit of black plastic on the bottom section of the bumper?!

The Model S is the best looking Tesla.

Completely agree, the S is the only EV around I think that will hit 'classic' status. Even next to an E Type it looks fine, not many cars can pull that off!!

41049947895_e965087165_c_d.jpg

Once Tesla (or someone) sorts out the battery nerfing issues with a new retrofit pack design I would love to have a used S on our driveway. The 3/Y just look normal/boring, at least our X has more futuristic doors than even the wheels of the moon buggy thing from Lost in Space, though just as ugly in other aspects :)

fe890939956ca48987ae8b602aaf75d2.jpg

The Y is just as bulbous as the X but without the fancy thrills. However the Nissan Qasqai isn't so popular because families love how it looks, and the Y will out sell the 3/S/X combined because most families buy cars based on price/practicality. Looks are usually low down on the list.

Last edited: