Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me, or is the Model Y really ugly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S is the only model that is decent all round, the other can look good from certain angles, but also look horrible from others, still getting a 3 though.

I think a grill on the model 3 would massively improve it.
It would make it better for cookouts.

Fake grilles on an EV look bad to me. Just like large grilles on ICEVs, or fake engine noise, lazy, timid design because people are used to it.

If people want something to break up the front, it shouldn't be fake.

It would make it better for cookouts.

Fake grilles on an EV look bad to me. Just like large grilles on ICEVs, or fake engine noise, lazy, timid design because people are used to it.

If people want something to break up the front, it shouldn't be fake.
That’s why I’m actually a fan of the number plate ... it breaks up what would otherwise be a bit flat strange looking area

Reactions: liuping
Its you

Thats not the best angle and with a front numberplate it will break up the bumper

But all cars are susceptible to colour and wheel choice. This combo looks great to meView attachment 537145
The funny thing is that both of those pictures are the same blue and the same wheels.
Its just the angle and lighting that is different.
All cars have an ugly view, the first is where the Y doesn't look great.

Completely unfroglike! Model 3 is a cross between a Ferrari and a Porsche...
e474a12c7edb402abdc3594d070eebc9.jpg
0000348946.jpg
compositor.jpeg
The Model S is the best looking Tesla.
I posted this before, but I think the Model 3 looks like a frog. I guess the Model Y is a bigger frog.

It just seems to me that all the proportions are wrong. The Model 3 from the front isn't all that good either, but the Y takes up a level in fugliness IMHO.

View attachment 537129

It's not just you. While I could live with the 3, they really got lazy on the Y and basically just distorted and enlarged its shape.
The S is clearly better proportioned and is prettier than the 3 and Y but sadly it too is starting to show its age. I'm fine with the facelift front but they could have done some "work" on the back.

I wouldn’t comment on the Y until I’d seen it in the flesh, but I don’t mind acknowledging that my M3P is ugly. I often look at it with distaste. But then I didn’t buy it for its looks.
I feel much the same about mine. From many angles the 3 (and even the Y) look good, but the front just isn’t aesthetically pleasing. I think it’s a combination of the low bumper line, the height of the windscreen, the pinched cabin, and the shape of the lights (err, so that will be all of it!).

Different strokes for different folks. I will reserve judgement for the Y until I've seen one in person, but I rarely find CUVs attractive vehicles regardless. And I currently drive one (which I do kind of like the look of, but some people will hate). As for the Model 3, I actually like the front view. I totally see where people are coming from, but I quite like the gentle "cute" appearance and hate the sharp and aggressive appearance of some models in comparison. I think it looks nicer in some colours than others and think it's a nicer vehicle to look at in person than photos.

Reactions: Js1977 and Cogarch