Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it necessary to note the position where your seasonal tires were last mounted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope to put my summer wheels/tires back in service this weekend. I am wondering whether I should mark the winter wheels/tires coming off the car in any particular way so that they get rotated correctly when I put them back in service in the fall? I assume you want to avoid the risk that chance leads to one of the four tires getting remounted in the same position, while the other three tires are rotated. Any suggestions, or should I not be concerned about this?

I hope to put my summer wheels/tires back in service this weekend. I am wondering whether I should mark the winter wheels/tires coming off the car in any particular way so that they get rotated correctly when I put them back in service in the fall? I assume you want to avoid the risk that chance leads to one of the four tires getting remounted in the same position, while the other three tires are rotated. Any suggestions, or should I not be concerned about this?

The tires that came off of different axles should also be different in tread depth, unless there are other alignment problems, so it should be easy to tell. Rotation is all about making all four tires wear out at the same time. (For the paranoid or those concerned about conspiracy, it's also about hiding alignment problems.)

I marked mine but there was no need. 7500 miles in 5 months the 19 inch Nokian Rs were brand new on the front and nearly worn out on the back. One of my partners suggested a splint that pulls on my toes to decrease hard acceleration.