Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it necessary to order Front Grill Mesh prevent Inserts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it necessary to order Front Grill Mesh prevent Inserts?

gsges.jpg

I'm getting one. I have seen vids of what happens to that heat exchanger. It gets covered with debris and then it is quite a process of getting it clean. Tesla charges big bucks to do it. That intake has a very poor design and the heat exchanger should of been designed with easier access. You have to remove the Frunk and the intake grill removal looks like it requires the front bumper to be removed to get access to the inside of the intake.

Last edited:
Reactions: matj1285
Reviving this old thread. Just installed this as we get alot of rain/leaves/muck. Plus I've eatin huge rocks in older cars and needed new AC and radiators due to rocks. Had to modify it for the screwless front license plate. Pretty easy to modify, glue gun to help secure mesh, scissors and xacto, extra 20 minutes maybe to do this work. Whole thing took maybe 30 minutes to install. I also like how the mesh layer can be removed separately from the main piece that snaps in for easy cleaning. Highly recommend this mod as it's pretty cheap and easy... I also personally think it looks a bit better... and now... No worries about the radiators and condensers etc. that are in there. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

• PXL_20240404_180337360.jpg
    PXL_20240404_180337360.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240404_190332259~2.jpg
    PXL_20240404_190332259~2.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 5
Reviving this old thread. Just installed this as we get alot of rain/leaves/muck. Plus I've eatin huge rocks in older cars and needed new AC and radiators due to rocks. Had to modify it for the screwless front license plate. Pretty easy to modify, glue gun to help secure mesh, scissors and xacto, extra 20 minutes maybe to do this work. Whole thing took maybe 30 minutes to install. I also like how the mesh layer can be removed separately from the main piece that snaps in for easy cleaning. Highly recommend this mod as it's pretty cheap and easy... I also personally think it looks a bit better... and now... No worries about the radiators and condensers etc. that are in there. Here's a before and after.
It's interesting that you were able to add the license plate holder. Decided to opt out of adding my front LP, just keep it in the frunk.

81eQgqe4mDL._SL1600_.jpg

It's interesting that you were able to add the license plate holder. Decided to opt out of adding my front LP, just keep it in the frunk.

View attachment 1035826
Yeah it's law here, so had to modify the insert for it. I'd rather that then having holes in the bumper. I guess double sided taping it to the bumper may work. Anyway, anything to avoid being pulled over for a ticket. Pretty easy mod.

Yeah it's law here, so had to modify the insert for it. I'd rather that then having holes in the bumper. I guess double sided taping it to the bumper may work. Anyway, anything to avoid being pulled over for a ticket. Pretty easy mod.
It's the law around my way too, it's now considered a secondary offense not a primary one. I feel rebelish like my teenage years lol. Sad.

Reactions: BC-LR