Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is It Normal to Still Be Charging Even Though Blinking Tesla Logo Has Gone Dark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my 2023 TESLA Model Y, and I am enjoying the heck out of it!

My TESLA Wall Connector is not yet installed, so I am rocking my TESLA Mobile Connector @ 12A via 120v plug. (I know—Ouch!!!)

Anyway, where I live, it’s currently 28F cold outside. (I am parking/charging in my driveway until my TESLA Wall Connector is installed.) I connected my plug to my TESLA and got it going—blinking green TESLA logo all the way! About 20min later, I had to put my trash cans at the curb, so I walked by my TESLA and saw that the blinking green TESLA logo had stopped and it was not lit up at all in ANY color; just black. I pulled out my phone and checked the TESLA app, and it said that I am still charging. (I know this because the “Stop Charging” button was visible.

Is it normal for the blinking green TESLA logo to go completely dark after a certain amount of time while still charging? If not, then what about when it is really cold outside? Could it be “normal” under those conditions?

Thanks to all in advance for weighing in!