Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it ok to love a thing this much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going through the same thing. My friends and my family members think I am a Tesla "freak."
I used not care about the car because to me it was really about going from A to B thing. But that changed as I hear more news about how innovative this company is.

Ever since I placed the order, I am visiting this forum so much. :D
Downside is I can't concentrate my work! :confused:

Reactions: GaryH
I am going through the same thing. My friends and my family members think I am a Tesla "freak."
I used not care about the car because to me it was really about going from A to B thing. But that changed as I hear more news about how innovative this company is.

Ever since I placed the order, I am visiting this forum so much. :D
Downside is I can't concentrate my work! :confused:
I think we are all Tesla FREAKS haha.

Reactions: GaryH
@LVGhost, @Maximilien - you go, guys! Forget all sense of perspective, just love the heck out of this company and its cars!

As for you, @S'toon - you are always the voice of reason and moderation, but I know the secret you who delights in the company, the car, and the occasional Tesla give-away! :) :) :)

Alan

P.S. For 30+ years, I was never a car guy. My P85+ & Tesla-the-company have changed me... can't believe I now talk to people about the advantages/disadvantages of summer and winter tires, staggered 21s, RWD v AWD, etc., etc. Wow!

• Love
Reactions: Xenius and LVGhost
Oh, and yeah, you really can catch some flak from your family...

So I have this August 2013 P85+.... last year, my youngest son was 11 years old, he's a little small for his age, so only for the previous six months or so had he been allowed to ride up front rather than in the rear. Which was a big deal! He loves to give me a hard time about the car. Then one day last year, he crawls into the rear seat of the car as we begin a trip. Astonished, I asked him, why are you back there instead of up here? And he says... the little booger says... "Papa, I just want to relax back here with the rear seat warmers."

And he knows VERY WELL that my car was built about three weeks BEFORE Tesla added rear seat warmers!!!!

Pretty sophisticated burn from that kid....!

One time I had am electrician do some work in my house. He drives a Toyota Thundra truck (I think). He went out to get some parts and when he arrived, he did not come back in for a LONG TIME (my home office looks out to the street so I know what's going on all the time outside). He was wiping down his car w/ rags. I almost wanted to ask him to come in to finish his job quickly, but hey how can you do that to guy who loves his car.

Perfectly normal. I'm a HUGE Subaru guy (owned 3 WRX) and I have sold many coworkers and friends on joining the Subaru family over the years. Being a car guy becomes an obsession and the trick is to find a woman that puts up with it and will attend events with you. My wife has put in the time haha.

Love posts like this. I'm in the same boat. It is AMAZING how many cool people I've met already. Haven't yet reached 3 months.

@Saghost, @Half Dollar Bill, @linkster, David Bennett (met at a Supercharger, great guy). Have met plenty of others whose TMC names I may not know off the top of my head yet. It's a really great crew, and nobody has given me *sugar* for being a young(ish) guy yet :p

@DavidB FYI
He was one of my early new owner encounters as well - Hagerstown.

Nice, yeah, I met @DavidB when my wife and I were travelling either from Philly at the Newark Supercharger. He was on his way to the Mushroom festival in Kennett, PA which is right near us. We got to see where his dog normally rides, ours has her bed in the back with the seats folded down when we travel. Great guy, would have stayed to talk longer if we hadn't been on the early part of our trip.

Reactions: DavidB