Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it ok to reinstall??? Advice please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I need some advice. I went into the Service Menu and was going to do a Software Reinstall as I read on other FSD lost posts but there is a note on the Reinstall page not to do if after a Car Computer / Install only after a MCU swap out and maybe one more action. I had the Car Computer replaced 3 weeks ago and have not had my FSD Beta back up since then. It says I am enrolled in Beta and from what I read the next firmware update may update FSD back in.

My thought is the "don't do after the car computer replacement" is for the initial software loaded on to the new computer and doing a reinstall now will be ok.

Any thoughts on if ok or not to reinstall. I have had Beta since Oct 2021 and miss it.

The Tesla app shows 2022.44.30.2 as the version, which I see from use stats is only on 13 cars and I don't think is listed as a Beta Version.

OK I need some advice. I went into the Service Menu and was going to do a Software Reinstall as I read on other FSD lost posts but there is a note on the Reinstall page not to do if after a Car Computer / Install only after a MCU swap out and maybe one more action. I had the Car Computer replaced 3 weeks ago and have not had my FSD Beta back up since then. It says I am enrolled in Beta and from what I read the next firmware update may update FSD back in.

My thought is the "don't do after the car computer replacement" is for the initial software loaded on to the new computer and doing a reinstall now will be ok.

Any thoughts on if ok or not to reinstall. I have had Beta since Oct 2021 and miss it.

The Tesla app shows 2022.44.30.2 as the version, which I see from use stats is only on 13 cars and I don't think is listed as a Beta Version.
Just wait. Hopefully the car will update itself. And has been said, you may be caught in the middle of a recall.

Reinstalling may make issues worse.

You can always attempt to open a Service Request

Reactions: Mrp911s

Thanks for all the feedback. Plan is to wait and see how it goes.

Reactions: ewoodrick