Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible I could find a powerwall 2 for sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold for $6,500. I don’t understand the price if Tesla is selling them for $7,000
If you look at the details of the listing, it includes (as I think many PW sales do) the TEG, which is another $1k. So, if you need that, you are getting a $1,500 discount, and, more importantly, getting it now, which I'm sure is a big plus for some given the current backlog (especially if not going directly through Tesla for the install.)

Reactions: Oceanwolf
If you look at the details of the listing, it includes (as I think many PW sales do) the TEG, which is another $1k. So, if you need that, you are getting a $1,500 discount, and, more importantly, getting it now, which I'm sure is a big plus for some given the current backlog (especially if not going directly through Tesla for the install.)

It actually has a Gateway 2 - those things are tough to come by...

The listing had this picture... if there isn't a Gateway 2 (or the fancy internal panelboard) I think it's a deceptive listing.

s-l1600.jpg

Neither the title nor the description includes a GW2.

I don't think that a picture which includes other parts necessarily means all of them are included just because they are in the picture.

For instance If I was selling a car and included in my picture of the car a jack in the foreground would you assume the jack is included?

It certainly could be more clear I will agree.

Neither the title nor the description includes a GW2.

I don't think that a picture which includes other parts necessarily means all of them are included just because they are in the picture.

For instance If I was selling a car and included in my picture of the car a jack in the foreground would you assume the jack is included?

It certainly could be more clear I will agree.
I am always very careful to read descriptions of things for sale, rather than assuming what is in a pictures is what is being sold. I try to be careful to state in my for sale listing what is for sale, and what is not if I can only get a picture with some things not for sale.

Tesla needs it installed by a certified installer and on someone's "Fleet"

Maybe there is a way around this, like if you added this to an existing system. However I don't think you could commission it without the proper installer credentials, for a new system.

Tesla needs it installed by a certified installer and on someone's "Fleet"

Maybe there is a way around this, like if you added this to an existing system. However I don't think you could commission it without the proper installer credentials, for a new system.
Assuming this is the case, and if you do not have the "correct" friend, buying these might be a waste of money for the average person?

Reactions: Vines