Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to buy enhanced autopilot?

etigro

Aug 22, 2019
FRANCE
If it's available, you should be able to see it in the app in the upgrade section. I doubt it is in the US, but I recall it has been reintroduced in Europe where FSD functionalities are crippled by regulators (and nobody buys FSD).

Oct 28, 2019
Ridgewood NJ
Tesla offered it the end of the third quarter last year to boost earnings Good for highway trips and traffic. They may do that again at some time in the future but no guarantee when

momo3605

Mar 18, 2019
Bay Area
Honestly Enhanced Autopilot is full of gimmicks. Smart Summon, auto park don’t work at all. and navigate on autopilot handles like 10% of easier interchanges. Only feature that works great is the auto lane change. $5k for auto lane change…ehhh. I think that’s a rip-off personally. I speak as an FSD owner btw. I bought my model 3 used, so I got it for free. But I have all the features. And they are all basically useless lol.

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
Honestly Enhanced Autopilot is full of gimmicks. Smart Summon, auto park don’t work at all. and navigate on autopilot handles like 10% of easier interchanges. Only feature that works great is the auto lane change. $5k for auto lane change…ehhh. I think that’s a rip-off personally. I speak as an FSD owner btw. I bought my model 3 used, so I got it for free. But I have all the features. And they are all basically useless lol.
Gonna have to disagree with ya there, bob. For those of us who don't use voice guidance on navigation (because it's incredibly annoying), nav on autopilot is amazing because it keeps you from missing your exit.

I *hate* how Tesla is handling FSD but nav on autopilot is invaluable to me.

momo3605

Mar 18, 2019
Bay Area
Gonna have to disagree with ya there, bob. For those of us who don't use voice guidance on navigation (because it's incredibly annoying), nav on autopilot is amazing because it keeps you from missing your exit.

fair enough, we can have differing opinions.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m going 70 or 75, it flies into the exit at full speed and slams on the brake. if I did nothing, it would likely fly off the road and kill me. I have to stop NoA, or use the cruise control to lower the set speed to 60 or 55, and at that rate, what’s really the point? In addition, the lane change suggestions are dumb. I can choose which lane I want to be in much better that NoA can.

Reactions: doghousePVD

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA

Yeah, I agree. Mine came with my used Model 3 and it’s pretty useful. Lane changes are great and NoA is good as well. Don’t think I’ll ever get FSD as I don’t think it’ll offer much more than EAP, at least not in the near-future.

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
fair enough, we can have differing opinions.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m going 70 or 75, it flies into the exit at full speed and slams on the brake. if I did nothing, it would likely fly off the road and kill me. I have to stop NoA, or use the cruise control to lower the set speed to 60 or 55, and at that rate, what’s really the point? In addition, the lane change suggestions are dumb. I can choose which lane I want to be in much better that NoA can.

oh there is a TON of room for improvement, no doubt.

Reactions: DwightKSchrute

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC