Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to buy enhanced autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's available, you should be able to see it in the app in the upgrade section. I doubt it is in the US, but I recall it has been reintroduced in Europe where FSD functionalities are crippled by regulators (and nobody buys FSD).

Honestly Enhanced Autopilot is full of gimmicks. Smart Summon, auto park don’t work at all. and navigate on autopilot handles like 10% of easier interchanges. Only feature that works great is the auto lane change. $5k for auto lane change…ehhh. I think that’s a rip-off personally. I speak as an FSD owner btw. I bought my model 3 used, so I got it for free. But I have all the features. And they are all basically useless lol.

Honestly Enhanced Autopilot is full of gimmicks. Smart Summon, auto park don’t work at all. and navigate on autopilot handles like 10% of easier interchanges. Only feature that works great is the auto lane change. $5k for auto lane change…ehhh. I think that’s a rip-off personally. I speak as an FSD owner btw. I bought my model 3 used, so I got it for free. But I have all the features. And they are all basically useless lol.
Gonna have to disagree with ya there, bob. For those of us who don't use voice guidance on navigation (because it's incredibly annoying), nav on autopilot is amazing because it keeps you from missing your exit.

I *hate* how Tesla is handling FSD but nav on autopilot is invaluable to me.

Gonna have to disagree with ya there, bob. For those of us who don't use voice guidance on navigation (because it's incredibly annoying), nav on autopilot is amazing because it keeps you from missing your exit.

fair enough, we can have differing opinions.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m going 70 or 75, it flies into the exit at full speed and slams on the brake. if I did nothing, it would likely fly off the road and kill me. I have to stop NoA, or use the cruise control to lower the set speed to 60 or 55, and at that rate, what’s really the point? In addition, the lane change suggestions are dumb. I can choose which lane I want to be in much better that NoA can.

Reactions: doghousePVD

Yeah, I agree. Mine came with my used Model 3 and it’s pretty useful. Lane changes are great and NoA is good as well. Don’t think I’ll ever get FSD as I don’t think it’ll offer much more than EAP, at least not in the near-future.

fair enough, we can have differing opinions.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m going 70 or 75, it flies into the exit at full speed and slams on the brake. if I did nothing, it would likely fly off the road and kill me. I have to stop NoA, or use the cruise control to lower the set speed to 60 or 55, and at that rate, what’s really the point? In addition, the lane change suggestions are dumb. I can choose which lane I want to be in much better that NoA can.

oh there is a TON of room for improvement, no doubt.

Reactions: DwightKSchrute