Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to change # of blinks from 3 to 5 and eliminate seatbelt chime?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla. Had several BMWs prior. On most of those, I acquired the necessary software/hardware to code in/out various parameters that I wanted changed. I set the # of blinks for a quick blinker tap, from 3 to 5. Three just seems too short to kindly alert other drivers and I don’t want to fully activate the blinker and then turn it off a couple seconds later. 5 worked great. 3 blinks and the associated time for blind spot camera video to pop up seems too short. Any way to extend these?

Also, my driveway is about 175 yards and when it’s raining, I’ll drive to get mail (which is pretty often in western WA). Anyway to turn off the seat belt nanny chime?

Reactions: Stach
I would assume you meant connecting to the CAN bus and directly programming various controllers. With Tesla the approach is somewhat different because of the more capable central unit. The regular CAN port is not used for anything, especially given that Tesla is not ICE.
The real CAN bus port is in a different spot, with different connector (they have them on Amazon). However, the central unit holds most of the options, as part of the firmware. So, you will be able to listen to the events on the bus but have to change the firmware in order to do things like before.

New to Tesla. Had several BMWs prior. On most of those, I acquired the necessary software/hardware to code in/out various parameters that I wanted changed. I set the # of blinks for a quick blinker tap, from 3 to 5. Three just seems too short to kindly alert other drivers and I don’t want to fully activate the blinker and then turn it off a couple seconds later. 5 worked great. 3 blinks and the associated time for blind spot camera video to pop up seems too short. Any way to extend these?

Also, my driveway is about 175 yards and when it’s raining, I’ll drive to get mail (which is pretty often in western WA). Anyway to turn off the seat belt nanny chime?

There are no coding tools for teslas like for BMW (or audi), so, no, you wont be coding anything like that at all.